Am I wrong about pre-existing condition?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,is that a "YES" to my questions?

As Lynn says, our posts may not have a place on the forum, although it is bound to come up from time to time as adequate and affordable health care is extremely important to folks in our situations. My surgery was under $8000 in 1967 ....and now???? I've seen posts where the surgery is now $125000+ and that is not sustainable in any economic system. Regardless of political affiliation health care should be one of the most important social issues for ANY developed country....and the USA has done of piss poor job at managing our so called "private system". My parting shot to this thread is that I am a believer in the "single payor", "Medicare for all" system......and Lynn, I promise not to post again to this thread.

Tom, at least you and I know whose vote we will cancel out in November.....so be sure to vote, 'cause I am.

Tom,is that a "YES" to my questions?

As Lynn says, our posts may not have a place on the forum, although it is bound to come up from time to time as adequate and affordable health care is extremely important to folks in our situations. My surgery was under $8000 in 1967 ....and now???? I've seen posts where the surgery is now $125000+ and that is not sustainable in any economic system. Regardless of political affiliation health care should be one of the most important social issues for ANY developed country....and the USA has done of piss poor job at managing our so called "private system". My parting shot to this thread is that I am a believer in the "single payor", "Medicare for all" system......and Lynn, I promise not to post again to this thread.

Tom, at least you and I know whose vote we will cancel out in November.....so be sure to vote, 'cause I am.

$8,000 was a LOT of money in 1967, equivalent to $55,000+ in 2012 dollars.

The nanny state you wish for is not for me and not for a majority of Americans, as you will see this November. My OHS is going to cost me plenty even with my insurance but I will not be getting free money from other working American families or money borrowed from China to defray my bill.

Our Big Government healthcare insurance regulation system is the root cause, over decades of political infighting, of the high cost of healthcare in the USA as you demonstrated with your example from 1967 (when our population was a mere 197 million)....and the Democrats want to expand it exponentially purely for political power, period. Only free market capitalism can restore our healthcare system, I want to see HUGE PROFITS as the driving force behind the search for quality healthcare for all citizens. (No wonder 'profits' are decried by the Democrats....profits mean less dependence on mommy government.)

Tom

When my husband lost his job, we paid for Cobra. However, we found only one insurance, Kaiser, that would've covered me with a pre-existing condition. I also could've paid for the CA insurance, but it costs as much as Cobra!

Latest posts

Back