Almost There

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeakyUK

There is a long snaking Queue. I cannot see the faces of those at the front but I hear the shrieks and cheers. The queue moves on. Now I can see the car enterering the station at the end of the ride. People are getting off, smiling, shaking, relieved. I scan the faces of those at the front, behind the smiles and outer calm I can see the fear.

Along the line, guides who know the ride well answer questions. They offer hugs and handshakes. They are all ages. They have all been there before and they help.

I am at the front. There is a deep packed crowd behind. There is no turning back. I can hear the car approaching the platform. Just a few minutes to go. I take a deep breath.

Here goes.

Leaky - As you have painted the word picture, it is quite a ride -- one which I would not forego for the world. There is so much yet to do, to see, to experience. When you exit the ride, you will certainly know what I mean.

Godspeed, my friend. We'll be here for you.

Leaky, the best of luck to you in your forthcoming surgery. I've just been through it myself. *waves to you (weakly) from the E.Midlands*

If you encounter any dark moments in the early days I would say to just remember that things can and do change very quickly for the better during your hospital stay. Listen to your carers in hospital and/or tell them your needs, they will help and reassure you and make you more comfortable. In my experience they are very professional yet caring.

You need this to live. Once it's over you will be so glad and relieved that it's done and dusted!

You'll be fine. Go with the flow and I look forward to hearing you speaking from the other side of the mountain, as they said around here.

Go, Leaky, Go!! ;)

Hey Leaky just jump on that train that will take you up that mountain and down the other side to a wonderful life. We are here sending you positive thoughts and prayers. All will be well, just take it one day at a time and remember that this surgery is for the best. Just keep thinking about how great you will feel after all this is behind you.

Leaky -- I just bought my ticket for the same ride, and sitting just a few rows behind you. The schedule is on time for tomorrow departure. All systems are go and the road is clear. See you on the other side, and let's get ready for the next better leg of our journey afterwards. All aboard!

Latest posts

Back