allergies

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My surgeon told me I could take Claritin.I get the generic,,it doesnt interact with all my other meds. Benadryl makes me hyper and increases my heart rate.

I also take Loratadine 10mg, which I believe is the generic for Claratin. It is OK with my GP. I have taken it for a couple years and have noticed no effect on INR. I get it at Walmart under name of Equate Allergy Relief. Have also gotten it at Kroger.

Lately, haven't found anything that works for me. Claritin used too and stopped. I've tried Zyrtec and Allegra, but nothing is phasing them this year. May talk to your Doc and and get a prescription for something.

Aerius .....................

Aerius .....................

does it for me and doesn't affect blood pressure or INR>

Doesn't the Benedryl make you sleepy? I take Zyrtec (generic). It works better for me (although not totally) than Claritin. It's not the antihystamines you need to be careful of but the decongestants. They can speed up heart rate and I take toprol XL to keep my HR lower.

allergy symptoms

allergy symptoms

The symptoms are my motivation. My sinuses seem to always be stuffy, my nose dry and my head heavy. I am a little tired and a little irritable a lot but not all the time. I imagine it is allergies. It seems worse than other days.

The symptoms are my motivation. My sinuses seem to always be stuffy, my nose dry and my head heavy. I am a little tired and a little irritable a lot but not all the time. I imagine it is allergies. It seems worse than other days.

Ever tried Flonase or Rhinocort? That may be a better route for you Seth.

My Surgeons PA told me to take benedrl at night if I couldn't sleep and I am only 4 weeks post AVR ??????

Hey if Benedryl works for you, why not? It doesn't do a thing for me. I've tried them all for sleeping. Valium is the only thing that works on me.

Latest posts

Back