Alive!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimL

Eleven years ago this morning, I was being wheeled into surgery to replace my faulty aortic valve. I remembered thinking as I lay on the gurney that I would either wake up the other side of this surgery, or I’d wake up in heaven. Afterwards, the surgeon told me that my valve had closed completely, so I had no time left. I don’t remember much of the rest of that Friday or the next day, except for the wonderful button I had that gave me morphine.
But Sunday, 11-11-01, I was alive again! I’ve been impressed with that much more recently. Here are lyrics from a couple songs I’ve found that speak to that feeling:
Step out in a crazy world
But then the sun resets your mind
Feel the weight of it all just drift
Off on a cloud to another time
I’m feeling alive again
Alive again
I’m feeling alive again
Alive again

Help, I’m alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer
Come take my pulse, the pace is on a runaway train
Beating like a hammer, beating like a hammer
Beating like a hammer
While my blood’s still flowing and my heart’s still
Come take my pulse, the pace is on a runaway train
While my blood’s still flowing and my heart’s still beating like a hammer
Beating like a hammer

well done, congratulations.

Enjoy your second lease on life. I've had three now (first when I was 12, second when 27 this one Nov last year).

If that's you wife in the shot, love her all you can and live your life (don't put it off)

all the best

That's the mother of one of my grandson's, my daughter at her wedding a few years ago. It was our father-daughter dance to "Colour My World."

Well, well Mr. Jim, a big congrats to you on number 11 and wishing you so many more to come.

(why is it I always think of you when I make supper? LOL BTW I haven't burnt anything yet)

Jim - I've been away for a few days (goofing off, I know. . . ), and missed your initial post. Heartfelt congratulations on your 11th anniversary. I'm glad to hear you're doing well, and I thank you for being one of the best examples we have for everyone to know that life after valve replacement can be good.

Latest posts

Back