Al Capshaw??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excuse me if this is a stupid question but..... I'm wondering if Al Capshaw isn't his name. His location is listed as North Alabama... Capshaw, AL is in north AL just north west of Hunstville almost to TN.

Yes, he took the name of the town as his username. Problem is, we don't know his Real name!

What worries me about "Al" is that he sometimes had stressed the importance of people who posted questions or concerns following up later in the thread to let us know how they were doing. Given that, I can't imagine that he would just decide to leave the forum without letting us know. So I hope and pray he is okay.

I know that I had seen posts from him before where he said he had sent someone his e-mail address to them. His mailbox here was always full and he would only respond if it was sent to his e-mail address. I think someone on here has to have it. Has anybody asked Hank if he has any additional info for him?

Excuse me if this is a stupid question but..... I'm wondering if Al Capshaw isn't his name. His location is listed as North Alabama... Capshaw, AL is in north AL just north west of Hunstville almost to TN.

I figured that out about 10-12 days ago. Most men whose first name is Al (short for Albert, Alfred or just Al) don't capitalized both letters...
Not sure, but someone who had his personal email has emailed him; no response.

You know; I know the internet is a scary place and people don't like to give out information like mailing address or phone numbers, but there should be some type of voluntary emergency contact list that only moderators have access to in the event someone goes MIA for a month or whatever. This forum is a special place and if something happened to me I would want one of you to call a few contact numbers I have listed to find out what's going on with me. I understand some people wouldn't list numbers and that's fine, its voluntary but I'm sure many would.

For personal example I gave family members my log in info for this website in the event I didn't make it through surgery so they can update ya'll on what went down. :frown2:

I've been away from VR for the last 10 months or so and am just getting back into it. I gathered quickly that Ross moved elsewhere, but it's good to see so much of the regular crowd. I do miss AL (I always called him AL instead of Al, although I took that to be his initials rather than a geographic reference) and sincerely hope he resurfaces soon.

Yikes ... I sure hope all is OK. Thoughts/prayers en route.

I know I'm not here much anymore, but many of you know how to reach me if I go missing completely for a long time...lol.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Heaven knows how long it's been since I felt so out of place" __ Garth Brooks __ 'Learning To Live Again'

Yikes ... I sure hope all is OK. Thoughts/prayers en route.

I know I'm not here much anymore, but many of you know how to reach me if I go missing completely for a long time...lol.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Heaven knows how long it's been since I felt so out of place" __ Garth Brooks __ 'Learning To Live Again'

Yes, Cort, I've had to track you down a few times myself.:wink2:

What worries me about "Al" is that he sometimes had stressed the importance of people who posted questions or concerns following up later in the thread to let us know how they were doing. Given that, I can't imagine that he would just decide to leave the forum without letting us know. So I hope and pray he is okay.

I've had the same thought but I too hope he is OK. He has helped me more than once.
Earline/Marie

Back