after a month my operation pls suggest me

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manipreet04

After a month my operation is done in asian heart ..by dr. panda in july 2011 pls suggest me which pricosions I take from now.i m 24 year old .and I have problem in arotic and mitral volve both will replace.i m too afrid about the operaton .
Mitral volve study…………..
Ef slop=106
Epss=4.2
De=15.9
Pht=.95 cm2

Arotic volve
Arotic root = 29.1mm
Left atrium dia= 58.1 mm

Left ventricle
Ivs ed =9.2
Es=11.5
Edv=100ml

Ejection fraction=67%
Shorting fraction=37%

Mital flow=1/4
Artic flow=2.5/4
Pul flow=0/4
Tri flow=0/4

and pls pls suggest me what question i ask and which kind off volve is best for me and suggest me which pricosions I take from now...

Hello, we have a few members who have had double valve replacement and are doing very well with
mechanical valves.
Your doctor will probably give you his opinion based on what he interprets from your test results.
It appears that you may have some back flow or regurgitation in the mitral and aortic valves, this is something
that he will discuss with you.
If you feel very tired make sure and rest, and try not to force yourself if you feel weak.
Hopefully you don't have any chest pain or trouble to get your breath.

thanks bina for urr support and there are no any hard chest pain but some time if i take very oily food so that there are my heart beat is rhythm is changed and i feell so weak ...........
and pls what is the chances and at what age i leave coz off i m too affrid that time pls .

When I eat foods that are difficult to digest my heart rhythm can change also. That is something that I had before
and after surgery, so I am careful with what I eat. Rice, vegetables, chicken and fish are easy to digest.
You are age 24 and that is probably a good thing, because young people seem to recover a bit faster, and with
new valves you have many years ahead in your life.

Hi Manipreet - I just wanted to say hi. I have a lot of friends through work from Bangalore and as it turns out, one of them is originally from Lucknow. He thought maybe you were going to Narayana in Delhi but I mentioned Mumbai and he knew Asian Heart Institute. I just saw that Dr. Panda did his Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic here in the US which is one of the top rated hospitals and Asian Heart seems to have a wonderful facility from my limited knowledge so I'm sure you're in great hands. If you're having surgery this month, you'll be all set and recovered for the Diwali festivities and CERTAINLY read for Holi in March of next year (which is my favorite holiday that I know my friends celebrate because of the colors and paint throwing LOL!)

@wason

hahaha oh pls....:) i really happy to see yr reply sirr thanks for urrr suport . and i m going for the asian heart hospital...i m rally happy to see that u have time for me n to reply .

ok at last i have no any world to tanks u man in english(hahahahah) ...coz off from india(hindi)but i think u understand myy felling...

and i really happy to see that there are a lot of people who have the spent there precious time
for me

Namastey!

I've found this to be a very good group of folks who are always willing to answer any questions they can. I'm the daughter of a mom with mitral valve issues vs an actual patient but still the folks are very welcoming and helpful. I'm actually leaving with my mom in a few hours to drive out to the Cleveland Clinic for another evaluation for her for possible surgery.

What date is your surgery? Please keep us posted as you move forward and definitely ask any questions you need to. With the huge amount of knowledge here, you're almost assured to get an answer.

Shubhkaamnaayein! (and you have now seen the extent of all the Hindi I know)

actually watson my operation is done b/w the 25 jul to 30 jul ..and i ll tell u the exact date as soon as possible.
n also i take a injection from 12 year old now i m 24.... is peniduer 12 which have a lot of pain .after the surgery it continue?
n pls sggest me which kind off nuts a good for heart .coz off there r lots of posts n confusing.should i take beer n i also hear that fish is also good ..n which kind of food i take

I can't really comment on the pain and food but other folks may be along that are much more knowledgeable than myself. Briefly on the nuts and fish, my understand is that nuts like almonds and such are good for you (in moderation I would think) and I know fish and omega 3 oils are good for heart health and cholesterol levels. My husband and I have both started taking fish oil capsules and we also try to eat fish a few times / week too mostly of the salmon, tilapia and tuna kinds which I think is a good mix as far as fish goes.

I think penidure is an antibiotic used in India (and maybe other countries) used once you've had rheumatic fever or similar disease.

ohh thanks too alll
actually dr. panda postponed my surgery for 6 months .
and said that there r also a possibility that they again perform my ballooning again of my mitral volve so that my surgery is also shifted for 2 to 3 years....
but the portability is 90 % of success ..

Manipreet, I was following your posts and also wondered whether you had your surgery. It is a relief to read that interim repairs to your mitral valve have pushed your possible surgery out for a number of months, even years. My suggestion would be to go for your regular check-ups (which I am sure your doctors will arrange) and get on with enjoying your life. It is a long time since I was 24 but I can think of a lot of fun things a young person can do:):cool: Johan

Latest posts

Back