Afraid of Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tee for Two

Tee for Two

Dodi - I'm a little funny about things down my throat too, but listen to what your doctor says. If he needs to do a Tee to assist in planning the surgery, then calm down and ask questions about how they can minimize you concerns. For a Tee, they spray a local anesthetic down your throat so you can't feel anything, and they typically give you a sedative just as you start to swallow the transducer. Most people don't have any problems, and they get really improved images of your heart because there are no ribs in the way. The important thing is a successful surgery and you having a good attitude about getting well quick. We hope to hear your news soon. Best wishes, Chris.

Another site

Another site

Dodi,
When I had my diagnosis in Sept. '00, I was terrified and this site wasn't in existence yet...I hunted all over the internet for help. Found two sites that were great...one of them is listed under "the bum ticker"...a gentleman near Toronto who chronicles his whole process from diagnosis to post surgery and yearly updates. Also the Cleveland Clinic had a good site. But this site and Steve's bumticker are the mainstays of my sanity. Learn as much as you can, find the best doctors and surgeons as you can, then put your trust in them and in the power available to us for strenght from within. God bless, and come to us for help and info. Some of these folks are fantastic in the help they can offer you.

Latest posts

Back