Ablation was a bust!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfay

So sad and angry right now. Even though he found several areas that were "firing", which he ablated, he did not feel that he found the specific area that is bothering me and I have to agree with him since I have been having non-stop pac's since I got out of my procedure at 2:45.

So, no more ablations. He doesn't want to take the risk of doing anything else to my heart, and neither do I. My drug options that are available to me have now changed as well. Tikosyn is no longer an option because my own Q-T interval has changed and is not in the acceptable range for this drug now. The new form of Amiodarone (forgot what it is called) is an option as is Solatol now apparently. The Solatol only has about a 40% chance of helping me though.

Don't know which to choose. I wouldn't have to go into the hospital for the Amiodarone type drug, would have to with the other. We will see. Hopefully, my cardio is going to come see me tonight or in the morning before I'm discharged and I'll talk it over with her.

Kimmie

I'm so sorry Kim. I had my heart set on this being the fix as much as you did. I guess do what you think is best for you. Not much choice really. :(

Oh dear Kim, I am so sorry that your ablation hasnt been successful. The new med you are talking about is Multaq, and it seems to be showing very good results, without the toxic effects of amiodarone. As you may remember, I have a long Q T interval as well. I know how frustrating these arrhythmias are, and I feel for you. ((((HUGS)))) x

Kim, I'm so sorry this didn't work, at least you tried the ablation route to the hilt so you know there's nothing left undone from that angle. I hope if you try medication it offers some relief.

Kim..... So sorry the ablation didn't work. Hopefully one of the meds will provide relief. Sending bvery best wishes.

Kimmie,

I am sorry this didn't work. I know you had high hopes for it. I will say some prayers that you find a med that does what the ablation couldn't.

Darn it Kim, I was hoping it would work or at least give you some relief. I wish I knew more about the different meds, I'll pray the "right" choice becomes clear to you..

Reading your post just takes me back to how disappointed, frustrated and sad I was prior to my surgery when they couldn't find anything to help my continual PACs and PVC's. Please hang in there - as Nancy says "Never give in and never give up." 40% is better than 0%, so you never know. Keep us posted and sending you {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

Dear Kim, I am so sorry.This is not the result we wanted!Sending a big hug. Brian

Oh gosh, Kimmie, how disappointing for you! I guess now the only option is starting the new drugs & hoping that they work for you.

For now, try to rest & stay optimistic.....tomorrow is another day.

Kimmie, I am so sorry to read that the procedure was not successful. I am praying that you will find the meds that will help you.

Nadine

:(oh Kim i feel as bad as you i really hoped this time
You know maybe the drugs are ago,dont give up
They did my maze at surgery in Jan and ablationed
for 4 days nothing,finally the amiodorone with alot
of sideseffects for me finally kicked in.
I say go the drug route,something different than amidarone
and like youve gone through sooooo much already i'm even
soooo sad reading this after having my hopes up for you i
can imagine your feelings and not sure amiodarone effects
everyone like it did me,were all different in that respect but i
dont recomend it cus of what (i )went through on it @ all the tests
i had to go through to confirm it left other things in good standing
for me my lungs etc liver etc,etc pain in the butt all these tests were
geeeez.... i'm continuing my prayers kim somethings gotta give
Chin up,i know this is soooooo frustrating @ we are here for you

That's a lot of angst and aggravation to go through for nothing to come of it. I applaud you for taking your shots at this, and I am sorry that all that momentum you put into it hasn't paid off. I hope the drug therapy can provide some help for you.

I believe the drug you are referring to is Dronedarone, which is being billed as a second-generation amiodorone, without the nasty toxicity profile.

Stay strong,

I'm so sorry your procedure wasn't a complete fix. It must be so frustrating and you must be exhausted after the lead-up. I hope you get good guidance and support from your cardiologist.

Best wishes,
Debby

Latest posts

Back