A year and a week down

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorsai

I'm a little late in getting back here...but 53 weeks ago today I had my aortic root aneurysm corrected by the most excellent Dr. Chen at Emory University Hospital here in Atlanta. I've been fortunate in that I have had a textbook recovery; all of my surgeon and cardiologist visits have gone well, and at my last visit to the cardiologist a month or so ago I was told that if my next checkup (a year from now) is as good as my most recent one, I could drop back to two or three year intervals between visits. Given that I have seen more than enough of doctors this last year, that is welcome news. :smile2:

Life is completely back to normal. Other than the occasional twinge from scar tissue pulling if I twist or turn in an unusual manner, the only reminder I have from the surgery is seeing the scars in the mirror...and I've gotten almost completely used to them now. So for those of you still waiting for your surgery, hang in there. It really does get better, and you really can return to a normal life!

Finally, I have to say how nice it is to see so many names that I recognize from my time in the waiting room; I am glad to see you are all doing so well!

cool.gif
I'm a little late in getting back here...but 53 weeks ago today I had my aortic root aneurysm corrected by the most excellent Dr. Chen at Emory University Hospital here in Atlanta. I've been fortunate in that I have had a textbook recovery; all of my surgeon and cardiologist visits have gone well, and at my last visit to the cardiologist a month or so ago I was told that if my next checkup (a year from now) is as good as my most recent one, I could drop back to two or three year intervals between visits. Given that I have seen more than enough of doctors this last year, that is welcome news. :smile2:

Life is completely back to normal. Other than the occasional twinge from scar tissue pulling if I twist or turn in an unusual manner, the only reminder I have from the surgery is seeing the scars in the mirror...and I've gotten almost completely used to them now. So for those of you still waiting for your surgery, hang in there. It really does get better, and you really can return to a normal life!

Finally, I have to say how nice it is to see so many names that I recognize from my time in the waiting room; I am glad to see you are all doing so well!

congrats.gif

Latest posts

Back