a million and one changes at work

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbrn

Less than 2 years ago we got a new CEO and director of nursing. They are changing everything. The needed change is a new computer system and a new huge expansion facility. We move in next august. My unit and another unit are combining. We will have to be cross trained. Lot of changes. Today I just found out that they are adding a change of moving all the head nurses around. So now in the next year we will have our computer system expanded, new diagnosis to learn with a new unit and employees, joint commission is coming, and trying to keep magnet status. Now they are going to change our boss amongst all the other change. Are they nuts. The boss we are getting on my unit is a real piece of work.

Debb

"We trained hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. Presumably the plans for our employment were being changed. I was to learn later in life that, perhaps because we are so good at organizing, we tend as a nation to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralization."
I like this quote from 1957. It neatly summarises what goes on in many large organisations.
Debb unfortunately you are currently experiencing it first hand, hang in there.
My thoughts are with you.

Last edited:
My husband has worked at our local hospital since 1979. He has dealt with everything you relate several times during the course of his employment. I thought "patient focus care" might end our marriage, but that was back in 95, and we celebrate our 38th anniversary today. Organizational changes can create havoc for the employee and family both. Hang in there, and hopefully things will improve as you move through the process.

Ugh, I feel for you Debb. Don't you just hate the stress of getting used to new equipment, software, etc., on top of having to get used to a new boss!!! Double whammy!

Hang in there girl.....remember you've been through tougher stuff and you're still standing! :)

Change at the best of times can be difficult. Thinking of you and understanding the difficulties that come with this kind of change. As NJean said: remember you've been through tougher stuff and you're still standing! Hang in there...

I echo with the statement from above.
My s/o will be going through the same thing in a couple weeks. My suggestion: one day at a time and try not to over analyze the big picture, it will only had unnecessary stress.

Your tough, smart and talented.

Y'all are right, I will get through this. I have worked at this hospital for over 20 years. I shouldn't be surprised by anything any more, but I never imagined they would play musical chairs with all the head nurses.
They are building this new $100 million expansion facility and are only adding a few more beds if you take into account that we are getting the pedi hearts and pedi transplants from the university hospital next door. We are going from 275 to 330 beds. They are only planning on a increase of 2% on our already established patient population. They must of forgotten that in the winter patients spend the night in the ER and we can't get patients from the community hospitals because we have no beds available. Though we have been slow the past month and had to cancel nursing staff. Feast or famine so it goes.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back