A 34-year mark today!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njean

Premium Level
Supporting Member
Today, May 23rd, marks 34 years that I had my 1st OHS for double-valve mechanical valves. It is also my dear, deceased mom's birthday. She turned 60 years old in Houston TX that year.

However, since I had to have my 3rd OHS in 2006 to swap out the old aortic valve with a new St. Jude, my mitral valve turns 34 years old today. I have a 3-year old St. Jude in the aortic position & a Cooley-Cutter in the mitral position. Who said they couldn't mix & match?!! :p

I'd go out & have a margarita tonight but I think I'm going to have to skip that one because I checked my INR last night & it was 4.9! :eek: I just halfed my dose last night & will probably half it again tonight & then resume the norm & check in a week. No biggie!

Okay, you are confusing me.....hee hee. Whichever valve/surgery is having an anniversary today, I wish you well from here on out.
Now, what on earth happened to your INR? It's probably just jumpy because of your big trip last week.
Enjoy a big spinach salad, or broccoli soup. Yummo.

Okay, you are confusing me.....hee hee. Whichever valve/surgery is having an anniversary today, I wish you well from here on out.
Now, what on earth happened to your INR? It's probably just jumpy because of your big trip last week.

Yes my valve situation is confusing. I don't think there are too many valve recipients out there that have quite the unique situation I have ---- a new aortic St. Jude & an old, 34-year old mitral. :rolleyes:

I don't know what happened to my INR either but I think I'm going to go graze in the alphalfa field next door!!! :D

(GEEEEEEEZ)
So Norma the valve in your (fridge) is really 34 years old?;):p

Happy valversary Norma:)Many more to come and celebrate all of them
with pride,joy and good health........GOD BLESS

zipper2 (DEB)

Norma, congratulations on your 34th valversary. Your story should give a lot of support and encouragement to the new folks who come to this forum, scared to death and with a ton of questions.

Bina is confused? That's a switch ;)

Congrats to you Norma.
Wishing you the best for many more Anniversaries.

I still think your my sister. July 22nd will mark my 7 year and it too, is my deceased mothers birthday as well as my oldest sons.

Happy Anniversary Norma!
So you have a few Anniversaries a year...I hope you rack up on the gifts
and celebrations:)

Ross - aren't things like that strange? I find it hard to believe in too many
coincidences. Superbob and I share a birthday(a day/2 off) and an valversary(exact day). I told him in a post that this made us family. So maybe you and
Norma were siblings in a past life..(?)

There has to be a made for TV show in this situation somewhere...a blue haired, troll like woman with a secret affinity for margaritas celebrates 34th anniversary of mitral valve. Mitral valve has a slightly younger partner, a 3 year old aortic valve. Does age REALLY matter? Check your local channels for this daring new show, starring Norma and her valves. Rated G for green leafy vegtables.:D:D:D
CONGRATS NORMA!
Hugs!!

I love coincidences like that. When I went to have my AVR June 13, 2005, my Grandma told me that it was my great-uncle (her brother) Aelred's birthday. He had been killed in WWII. She was confident that he was watching over me as I had surgery. I tell you, it warmed my (wonky) heart like nothing else.

Thank you all --- you've put smiles on my blue-haired face! :)

And who knows, perhaps some of us are kin in another life --- all I know is that there's one or two of you out there, that think just like me & share coincidences that are so similiar.

And Jane, I have been told by many, many people, that my life story would be such an interesting read ----- all I know is that it hasn't been boring!!! :)

Love you all!

Latest posts

Back