8 Weeks post op and now gallbladder is not working

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
This has been the strangest summer. I am now 8 weeks out from my Ross procedure and was told today that I have a nonfunctioning gallbladder. My doctor says this is something she has never seen before. There are no stones or inflammation. It just simply does not work. I'll be looking at surgery sometime soon. My heart surgeon mention that other problems can come up after surgery because the body is shifting resources to care for the heart and lungs. If there is a weaker organ it can become more inclined to have problems? Has anyone else encountered problems like this?

Luke

I haven't gone through this - sorry you encountered this complication. FWIW the gallbladder surgery is a fairly easy one - or so people have told me. Hope you get past this hurdle quickly.

My wife had a gallbladder issue 15 yrs ago and had it removed. She has a 1 cm scar inside her bellybutton where they took it out and she never missed it. Galling!

Well, at least with the Ross you don't have to worry about bridging your coumadin. Gallbladder issues aren't fun, but the surgery is no where near as rough as the OHS!
Been there, done that, and if the gallbladder is causing you pain or is otherwise a health risk, then get it out.

Hi Luke - Sorry to read this. Hope you'll be okay. Do they have any idea what may have caused this? Maybe a medication? Do the experts think it might resolve? Or does your gallbladder need removed right away? I was reading today about a hypertensive med I take and it can cause liver (and I suppose gallbladder) problems. A relatively unhealthy friend of mine had to have her gallbladder removed a couple of years ago and she said it ended up being a very easy thing for her to go through. I hope, if you have to have yours out, it will go so well for you. Take care :)

yes - I have now heart this twice - don't now the linkage but your are the 2nd person (plus Malibu) that I have heard have gallbladder and heart surgery in same year - wierd

Latest posts

Back