8 week post surgery report

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Well, its been 8 weeks. Had appt. with Cardio today, got an echo, and he says all is good. I was released for work, and he told me he would see me in 6 months. To me this is a major milestone getting past that first post op echo. Thanks guys... you all rock!

Great news Danny,
Glad to hear you are healing well. Continue to listen to your system though, if you feel like your lifting too much or pushing it too hard, you probably are.

I'd love to trade locations with you right now, warm Gulf Water sounds good.
We just received a nasty mixed bag of snow, sleet & rain. 10 degrees tomorrow with 40mph winds. Wanna trade? Mid west is worse......stay warm, stay healthy.

Great News Danny! Don't pick up anything heavy and watch for any set backs, but you should be good to go! Good Luck with going back to work!

yeh seems like we were typing at the same time !, but great news your doing well. i have even been sleeing on my side the last 3 nights bit uncomfortable when i wake but its worth it nice to be getting to a new normal .

I know what you mean about the echo...I think my first one was at four weeks. For me, though, the bigger deal was the sternum x-ray; after reading about people whose sternum hadn't healed correctly, I was concerned.

Regardless...congrats on a good recovery!

That's terrific, Danny! Kind of bittersweet having to get back to work though, huh? ;) This is a nice time of year to ease back into things.

Great news Danny! This was about the time I started running, but I would agree with others to not push too much. However if you feel good, and your Dr clears it, you can start finding your new normal.

Great news Danny! You will have up and down days but you have finished the hard part.:)

Great news, Danny. Keep taking it easy as you continue to recover.

Chris

Back