6 weeks post op.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robb Wilder

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I am 6 weeks post op today and things are going well. I have had no instances of A-Fib in the past 1 1/2 weeks. I am wearing an Heart monitor so that might be "KEEPING" the a-fib and palps away. Other than that everything is great. This time 6 weeks ago I have had the breathing tube out of my mouth for an hour now. IT would be a long two nights.

I have been driving for 1 1/2 weeks now. I am down to just one pain pill a night before bed because my neck and back have hurt so bad. Its DEFINITELY NOT as bad as one would make it out to be BUT I wouldnt want to do it again so thats why I chose Mechanical because I wanted the better chance of NOT having the surgery again.

Biggest advice I can give people after my surgery.

1 - Watch your fiber intake after surgery and make sure you are getting 100% if not more in fiber for Bowel Movement reasons. If you have problems Miralax was wonderful.

2 - Take your pain medicine. NO reason to be in pain.

For those still waiting. Its not that bad. Once you "drink your kool aid" you will be glad you did. It certainly beats the alternatives I had.

Glad to hear you are doing well. I am just a bit over 2 weeks and starting to feel a little better. Good to know how well I will feel in a few more weeks. Hope the a-fib stays away. Pat

Glad to hear things are going well. I about a month ahead of you in recovery and the one thing I have learned is that you will feel great one week and then the following week you will feel even better (and so on).

Great to hear Robb! Sounds very similar to my advice back at that point too - it's not as bad as I feared, but still wouldn't want to do it again if I don't have to (so glad I went mechanical). And as Bean said, it just keeps getting better from here on out, so happy days ahead! I say you put a little vodka in that kool-aid soon and celebrate a little ;)

Way to go Robb! I'm just a couple weeks behind you and had my best day yet today. Congrats on keeping the a-fib away.

I plan to follow Bean Counter's system. Last week I felt great, this week I feel better...

Doug

Back