6 weeks post op and I have mild to moderate leakage????

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauratx22

I had my echo on Monday and my cardiologist said that I still have the pressure in my lungs and I have mild to moderate leakage. She said that she is going to call the surgeon to see what is going on. I had a Mitral Valve repair on 01/30/2012. Has anyone had this before? I'm annoyed and a little depressed.

Laura

Hi Laura,
Sorry to learn that your echo didn't produce the results that would make you comfortable. But also, keep in mind that different tech's zero in on different things during these tests. Try to stay calm and wait to see what your cardio and the surgeon decide. I will be thinking of you and hope that possibly this can be straightened out soon.

Yes, I have the same problem. Had my mitral valve repaired on 12/14/2011 and 4 weeks later had echo and TEE that showed severe regurgitation. I am now scheduling another OHS from June to either re-repair or replace the valve.

The echo after my mitral repair showed it is leaking mildly, but it has increased each yr since. It is kind of depressing for me, too. I just had another echo, I'm anxiously waiting to see if it is still leaking mildly, or if it has gone to moderate.

Hi Laura,

This is disappointing and depressive after all one goes through! I am sorry to hear that, but I hope you you stay strong until you hear from your surgeon.

If you have good insurance, try to repeat the echo at a different place or with a different technician. Unfortunately, not all the technicians are equally efficient or thoroughly trained.

Good luck and keep us informed.

I am trying to not let it get to me...it's more annoying than anything...after 20 months of limitations and tests then the surgery to only find out that you have mild to moderate regurgitation. I was depressed yesterday but I am getting over it...I am just tired of more tests and etc. I was looking forward to once a year check-ups. My 21 month old daughter is sure helping keep my mind off of it.

Eva- Your right about the tech. I will wait to see what the surgeon says and let ya'll (Texas woman) know. Trying to be positive about the whole thing..

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!

I was really angry when my repair failed. Now I think about it like this; someone has to fall into that 3% or repairs that fail, this time it's me, how unlucky, but at least there's a fix for the problem and once done, I can move on with my life. Of course I pray bad luck does not strike twice!!!!

Sorry to hear about this Laura, but until you've heard from your cardiologist and surgeon, there's no use getting all riled up over what could just be a bad test. I wish you the best of luck and hope this ends up being a fluke.

Just got the results of my latest echo, and my MV is now leaking Moderate, and the cardiologist who read my report stated that it could be underestimated because I was (and am) in A-Fib during the test which made it more difficult to get the right numbers! I am awaiting my cardiologist's return from sabbatical the end of March to see what he has to say about it. I am having more symptoms at moderate than I had at mild for sure.
I think it might be mod to severe by my symptoms when I am walking, now. This is all just 3 yrs out from repair surgery. So, I really feel for what you are going through.

So sorry to hear that. I had my mitral valve repaired 9/2010 and was fine until Christmas eve 2011 when the repair failed. I am now 10 weeks post op from the valve replacement. Its scary and depressing to have to go through surgery again. But look on the bright side, at least it is something that can be repaired. Good luck....I hope it turns out ok.

Latest posts

Back