6 months post op feeling good!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAVD John

It's been a while since I've posted so I thought I'd give an update on my recovery for the benefit of those who have just arrived on this side of the mountain.

My recovery has been pretty uneventful during these first 6 months. I did occasionally notice during my first 5 months of recovery that I'd have heart palpitations and feeling light headed after climbing a flight of stairs. This has has pretty much subsided during this past month. I finished my cardic rehab shortly after Thanksgiving and have continued my workouts at the gym on my own. Shortly before surgery I was lucky to complete 35 minutes on the Stairmaster and now have worked my way up to 55 minutes. I wear a heart rate monitor to keep my heart rate in my doctor's recommended range.

I feel great and hope those of you that have just been through surgery feel as good as I do when you are 6 months post op.

Larry,

Thanks for the kind words. I hope all is well with you too. I know I'm not your mother, but I'll tell you what to do after your cardio rehab is over. Keep up with the cardio exercises!!! :) I'm sure your cardiologist will tell you to keep up with your exercises.

It's hard for me to believe that 6 months have already gone by since my surgery.

Good luck to you.

John

Sounds like your doing great... i hope at my 6 month mark, im still doing great.

James,

Hang in there. I'm sure you will feel much better in due time. I spent 9 days in the hospital. Once I got home I was walking just 3 or 4 homes down from my own house before I turned around. That first month was difficult as I believe it is for most people that go through this type of surgery.

Best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Back