5 Years with tissue valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindFaith

Turned 61 this year. Made it to my 5 year anniversary as of Sep 23rd... still doing great. Went with the tissue valve and I'm very happy with my decision.

To those in the waiting room; The good news is that I rarely visit this site because of I am doing so good and I don't think about the heart much at all. Back in 2009, I was on here daily as this was all new to me. For all of those coming to this site for help or direction or general information... this is a great place to learn and better understand your situation. Most on here have been there, done that. There is a very high probability that your reality will not be nearly as bad as how you imagine it. It won't be as bad as you imagine. Meaning - the "life threatening" part of heart surgery and sticking in a foreign valve to the heart just sounds so crazy and scary and futuristic... but, so many years and so many success stories.

Hang in there. Read a lot, ask as many questions as you want. and the big question I struggled with - tissue or mechanical... either one is right - you'll adjust after the surgery just like we do for any other situation in life.

I just popped in today and can see some of the regular folks still on and contributing - bless you and thank you !

Dan

Congratulations!!

which type of tissue valve did you get?

Hey, Dan - It's good to "see" you again. Glad to hear how well you're doing. I'm a couple of years behind you, but have a similar valve and am "just doin' it" too.

Latest posts

Back