5 weeks post surgery....NEW to this.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optimus

Hello, glad to be here in more ways than one! I found you all while googling to find information on pain relief last week, was taking 800mg Motrin, now down to 400, it was really bothering my stomach and your posts helped, thanks! I wish I had found you BEFORE my surgery, I was terrified!!!!!!! I have work to do on my profile for sure, but will hopefully catch on quickly. For the most part I feel pretty good for a 10 hour surgery. I spent 2 nights in ICU post surgery as well...(serious but stable condition.) I am in 1st degree heart block presently, was total when left the hospital and will be wearing a holter for 24 hours sometime soon just to check on some supposedly innocent rhythm strips the rehab unit is sending my Cardiologist. Faxing strips just is not a smart idea....hmmmmm...is that a-fib, flutter, or did someone spill something on that???? We believe it is just too soon after surgery, and my heart is going to need to continue to heal before we really know for sure where my rhythm lies. All in all....long story, just wanted to post a hello and I am looking forward to telling my story, it's a good one!

Cheers!

Welcome aboard. Glad you found us. You are still in recovery mode so make sure you're not lifting anything heavy. Keep up posted on any updates.

Hi and welcome!
As you say, five weeks post-op is early to know about longterm rhythm issues, but hopefully they will be resolved soon.
Best wishes and let us know about your experience as you have time to relate it.
Mary

Thank you so much, I will. I am having difficulties figuring out the site. This is my first blog/forum. Wanted to post a picture and did my signature...plus other things, having a problem with some.

Susan.

Don't struggle with it now, Susan.
Most of us are not at our 'sharpest, smartest' best while in early recovery from this surgery.
Be kind to yourself and don't stress things that can wait. :)

You had quite a bit of work done there. Healing will take time and it's not often a straight line. Slow progress with hopefully few if any setbacks is the general rule. Expect the best but anticipate some bumps in the road.

Bill,

Thanks for the reply, I tried to find your profile, :(. I hope I can say that I am a VERY happy woman at some point as well! Today at rehab, i got samples of my strips to take to my doc. Haven't goten the holter yet, but will. Rehab seems to think it's some fib and flutter mixed in with sinus. After seeing the strips today, I may actually agree with their opinion. They want me to meet a woman close to my age that is going through some very heavy stuff in 2011 like me...and she will be there on Monday pm, so I am changing my time to try and catch her. Rehab also threw out the possibility that even if it was fib, that they would wait like the doc said, and then after healing more, maybe go ahead and do another cardioversion...YAY....(not). ME: yea, but won't I just go back into a fib again?? Rehab: No, cuz your heart will have healed more and had a chance to reset those patterns. I feel like 2011 is the year of the revolving door. However, I like what you wrote....and I guess after the road I have been on, another cardioversion is not the end of the world. I just keep wondering if my heart could talk, what it might be saying....ie: "Alright....enough is enough...give it a rest, really!!!"

:) Susan

ps, if you think that is alot, wait til you read the book im gonna write for the forum. (not really a book, but long story) Im a congenital heart patient...started at Mayo in 1959 when I was born, they sent me home to wait it out with my CleftMV, BAV and ASD, turned out I wasn't BLUE enough. hehe.

Latest posts

Back