4th of July Plans?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to be out on a pontoon boat, complete with all the amenities and be able to watch fireworks from the boat.

I'd like to be out on a pontoon boat, complete with all the amenities and be able to watch fireworks from the boat.

Its not quite the same, but was pretty cool, when we went to Disney for Justin's Wish trip. I was looking at some Disney boards to get tips ect and saw that there were a couple of Pontoon boats you could watch the fireworks from at I think they were the Epcot fireworks. They only held like 10-12 people and you had to rent one of the boats VERY early. Well the message board had a section where people that rented a pontoon would say they had more spaces, if anyone wanted to go with them. We had 4 people since Justin could take a friend,(he was a teen so THRILLED he didn't have to do the rides with just Mom or Dad) but I found a boat that had 3 spaces while we were there and took them for Don and the boys, figured I'd watch from the park, but I wanted them to have the pontoon experience. When were were emailing back and forth,(perfect strangers) I said something about I'm not going just the guys and the people were so nice, they already were thrilled to share their boat with a wish kid and had done it a couple times already so one of them that night told me to take their place, he wanted our family together, The captain heard us talking and said we ALL could go, which was nice. The other group even surprised Justin and Danny with Tshirts they had made. Of course it POURED, but it really was a fun thing to do.

BTW Ross, now I know even MORE that Justin can NOT meet you. There are a few BIG fireworks stores by my parents (in the poconos) that we pass on the way up and back and he always begs us to stop. Because of course, they are having a big sale, and he NEEDS fireworks and they are 1/2 proce, I pointed out those signs have been up since he was old enough to read and we are NOT getting fireworks, he is not the luckiest person to begin with so the last thing I want to do is spend the 4th in the ER with all the other idiots (who usually are drunk) that got hurt with their fireworks.

when we were in Philly, some of the "fun" was shooting their guns straight up in the air on the 4th, we usually got someone at the ER who got hit with a bullet on the way down.

Chris bought some. 2 for 1 specials. He went to a place not from the house and year after year, roughly half of what you buy are duds, so he figured buy 1 get 1 free was about right.

Wish you could have Ross.

The boats alone is a view to see, that area of our lake is solid blanket of red, green and white lights. Didn't seem to be as many boats as in the past. One year it was estimated to be near 5,000 boats. And after the fireworks most all the boaters returned home at reduced speed. I only had one idiot to pass me at high speed and it wasn't a pontoon.
We have another lake fireworks display on Labor Day.

I know this the 5 of July, but later and better than never. I had no choice but to chill at home, due to the rain in the midwest. Missouri is getting it from the hurriane down south. But. at least, not the hard stuff. t has been light rain for the most part. Today, laundry drying at my brother's place right now. I use his computer till I get mine, hopefully in September. Late all, have a great holiday.

Latest posts

Back