4th of July Plans?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. and Mrs. Chimp are partying on the 3rd with friends ... we will throw something on the grill after church on the 4th and chill at "Château In The Ghetto":cool2:

I guess the wifey and I are doing ribs and chicken. It's going to be too hot for me to do anything outside, which stinks, but maybe my neighbors will have some fireworks.

Speaking of fireworks, my evil woman says I'm too immature to handle fireworks. Guess I shouldn't have blown up the ant village in front of her a couple years back.

Tonight is our annual July 4th fireworks display on the lake. Granddaughter and husband are visiting and looking forward to going. Oaklawn race track had their fireworks blast last night but we didn't want to face the 20,000 plus crowd. Tonight will only be 5,000 boats. ;)

I agree with you Ross.....we will be in the AC here as the temps will be about 90 degrees......some cool drinks and good food and movies will keep me occupied......everyone stay safe and well........Michael

Church in the morning and lunch afterwards with some of the church folk then to the VA hospital to visit a neighbor. They're predicting 100 degree+ temps for the afternoon so will stay indoors at home where it's cool for the rest of the day.
Jim

It's going to be really hot here in upstate New York too. Last night, to celebrate the 4th, I went to Tanglewood in Massachusetts to the Boston Pops summer home. They celebrated Arthur Fiedler and John Williams. What music they made! Stars and Stripes as the finale-goose bumps.

Don (my husband) is working a Fireworks in Atlantic City and Justin the fireworks/concert at the Art Museum in Philly, so I'll be home probably coaxing the younger dog, out from whatever hiding place she runs to when the fireworks go off. Tonight she was in behind some boxes in my computer/junk room then hid in Justin's shower. She looks so pitiful

Don (my husband) is working a Fireworks in Atlantic City and Justin the fireworks/concert at the Art Museum in Philly, so I'll be home probably coaxing the younger dog, out from whatever hiding place she runs to when the fireworks go off. Tonight she was in behind some boxes in my computer/junk room then hid in Justin's shower. She looks so pitiful

Maybe we should have sent each other fireworks packages so we can have our own little celebrations?

The evil one threw away a fireworks catalog. I found it in the trash. She makes sure I don't see them. She thinks she's defeated me and reigns supreme, but oh what she doesn't know...

http://www.fireworks.com/fireworks_gallery/

We live in the country, with no neighbors near enough to complain, so for years we've done what we call "blowing up the yard". You'd love it, Ross! We never know exactly who will be there--pretty much open house. In fact, if you're VR family, you're welcome to join us, if you're in the northern Indiana area. PM me on here, and I'll send you directions. I'M SERIOUS!

We'll go to church, then go home, drag out lawn chairs, ice the sodas, and fire up the grill. Most visitors bring a side dish and their own pyrotechnics, but it's not required. We have one person who we know is bringing $75 worth of stuff! The tradition started when our oldest kids were teens, and this year they're all bringing their little ones. Grandma (that's me) is providing mini solar walkway lights for the little ones, instead of sparklers. A local store has them on clearance for $1.49 each.

The one possible glitch is that my DH is in the hospital, recovering from what we believe is food poisoning. It's looking like he'll be released today. The only question is, will it be early enough to make it to the party? (Prayers appreciated)

Anyway, happy 4th, everyone! Have fun and stay safe!

Marcia

Marcia that sounds like it used to be around here. I'd love it if I could get out and travel. So many things I miss that I sometimes get depressed. Funny thing is, I'm in a built up neighborhood now and no body seems to mind what the other is doing unless someone is being stupid and firing stuff off in the middle of the night.

What memories are made of

What memories are made of

Ross, I was a heavy smoker back in the day with at LEAST a carton a week going up in smoke and when I quit I fed my OTHER addiction every May24th and July 1st (Victoria Day & Canada Day) and put up about $500-$750 in smoke of a different kind AND STILL SAVED MONEY. I let all the neighbours know and we had about 80 in the yard evey year until I was taken sick in May 2007. This year I had a young man show up at our house who said he had been one of those attending but had moved away over fifteen years ago when his parents marraige ended, I was embarassed to say I didn't recognize him. He said that he had never smoked as he knew where the party started (I guess my kids spread the word) and while his family "was largely dysfunctional" (his words) it was one time every year that they did SOMETHING as a family and a memory he treasured..... damn kid made me cry but I could not help but hug him and thank him as this validated my thinking

Ross, I'll try to find a video of the "Thunder in the Valley" fireworks show over in Stillwater, MN. Stillwater is on the St. Croix river here close to me, and the river creates a 'valley' where they shoot off the fireworks, have music, etc. I've been going to that the last few years, and it's pretty damn impressive. I know I saw a video of it a couple years ago so hopefully there's still one out on the inter-web somewhere. I may or may not go tonight - got my fill of sun and the river yesterday. Might just chill in the house today & tonight - unless I get a second wind later ;)

Cool, thanks. It's not the same as being there, but then flying on Microsoft Flight Simulator isn't the same as flying the real deal either and I somehow still enjoy it.

We have been out on the lake in the east Tennessee mountains all day. It's been absoutely gorgeous all day. I did my once a year water skiing for about 2 minutes just to show my kids I still can. Now we are back at the cabin for ribs, fresh veggies from the farmers market and some homemade banana ice cream. Then fireworks down at the marina over the water...sounds about perfect to me!

Back