4-year echocardiogram results

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina L

Hi All -

I just had my 4-year post surgery echocardiogram. They faxed the results here to our home and I was literally shaking like a leaf as the papers were coming across the fax.

A lot of you know my history: Mitral valve repair of both leaflets by Dr. Cosgrove in Cleveland 4 years ago - then some bumps in the road, i.e. one 2 years ago where I was told my right heart was enlarged, etc.

This echo: All heart cavities normal size except for a slightly dilated left atrium (4.3 - it has not gone down in size appreciably since my surgery), TRACE mitral regurgitation and trace tricuspid, aortic valve no regurg and normal, pulmonic valve not well visualized. The mitral valve area which was read as "stenotic" last year (from the mitral annular repair ring) is still the same size at 1.44 cm sq. My EF was 64% which is improved from last year. Nothing mentioned about pulmonary hypertension which has been a fear of mine ever since the mention of right heart enlargement.

I now am on a CPAP machine at night for mild sleep apnea and also am being treated for thyroid, so I would guess those things have helped my heart.

We are still in the adoption process (now of a baby girl from Vietnam) and are expecting a referral in January so before we fork out the big bucks to accept the referral, I wanted to have my 4-year echo done a month early to make sure that we can still move ahead with the adoption.

After crying tears of joy for several minutes and thanking God for my blessing of staying stable heart-wise, I thought those post mitral valve repair or in the waiting room for mitral repair might get a lift reading of my personal saga.

Oh, and thank you Dr. Cosgrove. :) I love that man!

Merry Christmas all!!!

Christina L

Christina, what a wonderful report and an early Christmas present! It sure doesn't seem like 4 years since your surgery though. It looks like your repair is doing great and your cpap and thyroid meds have made a difference too.....and it looks like you are good for go with the adoption process. I am so very happy for you.

Christina,

Glad to read such a good report. Prayers and good thoughts continue y'alls way for that child quest.

If you keep this up, I just might have to give you back your GOOGLE LICENSE!!!:p :rolleyes: ;) :D

May God Bless,

Danny

So happy for you Christina and hope the adoption process is quick and joyful!

Congratulations Christine!

We look forward to your next tears of joy - when you get your little girl!

Thank you all!

Thank you all!

All of a sudden I realize I am VERY tired. Had the echo just yesterday and had signed a release to have the results faxed directly to me (being a former (and present) googler, why do I need a cardiologist to interpret the results? ;) ) - so I didn't sleep well last night and this morning was shaking like a leaf until 11 a.m. when I got the faxed echo reading.

It is so nice to be able to come to VR.com where people understand totally your feelings. I appreciate the support and love that I find here very much.

Wayne and I will both most certainly have tears of joy when we get our referral (God willing) of a little girl in January and I will share with you all then the good news!

P.S. Danny - I used a fake ID to get another google license when you took my other license away from me. Sorry, but I'm an addict! lol

Christina L

Great news Christina,
can't wait to see some pics of your little girl in january and have a great christmas.

This post is a true day brightner.:)

Congratulations and best wishes, Christina.:)

Latest posts

Back