3 Updates with Thanks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDMc

Dear valve family, I realized today how overdue I am on updates on my friends Richie + John, + myself, so here are 3 brief updates: 1. Richie is holding on living w/ CHF + minimal heart function. His wife whom he is separated from found him an apartment near his family last year, so he was no longer homeless. In December, his long wait for SSI ended with a ruling/ finding in his favor. This was a huge relief + has given him a huge boost. 2. My friend John who suffered a major heart attack 11/14/10, + spent about 4 months in MGH, is doing miraculously well. He is even playing gigs again! This story is considered a miracle even by those that are responsible for the physical part of it! I stopped by his parents home 1/1/12 to deliver a late Christmas card, + ended up visiting for a couple of hours. John was there to celebrate his dads 90th birthday. John was exhausted, but it was a delightful visit! 3. My year of surprises, that started w/ a trip to the ER after I collapsed at work last May, led to my meeting a sweetheart, + going through 2 OHS. Happy to say I am finally starting to feel normal, though still not back to where I was preop. I did have some nasty pain 1/1/12 when sternum wire somehow snagged a nerve or bit of muscle. Felt like somebody was cutting their way out. Thankfully it subsided quickly. The romance is on a bumpy road these days, but still going! So I want to thank you all for your thoughts + prayers, which apparently had a great effect for each of us! PS: Cardiologist + cath team couldn't believe the "like new" condition of my Shiley valve, + both they + surgical team were amazed by my "luck" that first surgeon's unusual sewing of aneurysm tissue over graft, saved me when one of my coronary arteries separated from the graft. Truly strange + miraculous. So I want to thank each of you for your help + support through a tough year! With love from your valve brother, Brian

Thanks Brian for the update. I've wondered how your friends were doing, and it sounds like they are both in a pretty good place.:smile2:

I'm also glad that you're recovering at about the speed most of us do following one open heart surgery, much less three! (or is it 4?):eek2:

Regarding your romantic situation, the road to true love is never smooth. I think you have to go through a bad patch in order to test and strengthen the relationship.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out the way you want it.:thumbup:

Thank you for the news update. Glad to see that your friends as well as yourself are on a good road health wise. Asto the love interest, well even after having been married 36 years I still find that John and I sometimes do collide. So just be patient and try to come to a meeting in the middle. God Bless All Three Of You.:thumbup:

Hey there, Bro Brian, it is always a pleasure to hear from you on VR even when I see you a bit on FB.
I bet that those 2 friends of yours have been blessed in more ways than one, and I really hope that you all
continue with steady strength in your health issues.
((hugs))

Thanks gang! Mary don't rush me it's only 3! As my friend Phil used to say "Who loves you? Me!"

Hi Brian, It is always so nice to hear from you. i am glad 2012 looks like it is going to be a much better year for you and your buddies. You're always in my prayers,

Latest posts

Back