12 weeks Post Op Blog post

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work mate, glad to hear that you are feeling better physically and emotionally.
My cardiac rehab team gave me similar advise in regards to exercise. They wanted me to do interval training where I push myself to the limit.
I'm not an expert in these field and completely trusted them. They were saying the latest guidance based on research showed that there were no reasons to limit what you could do after an AVR.

That's great news, Anthony! I'm glad you're feeling better mentally and physically, and that you've found an excellent new doctor.

Happy riding.

Great to hear Anthony. I have had a similar experience with Loma Linda. The professional staff is amazing. Front desk staff could use a little help sometimes but any shortcoming they may have is made up by the quality of care.

Wow Anthony! Love your latest blog post and I'm so glad that you're on your way.... again!

Loma Linda sounds amazing....wish every place could be like that!

Keep up on your incredible journey and keep riding strong!

Rachel

I am almost 12 weeks post op with AVR and can't decide if I should go back to work with a lifting restriction or stay off 12 more weeks. I feel my at my job they would want me back because it's so busy this time of year but depending on co workers for lifting will be hard. I work in a very popular grocery store's produce dept. and every thing I do involves lifting more than 15lbs. Any advice??? Thanks

Sounds like a question for your boss, honestly, as well as your overall feeling of health / not health and whether you think you can resist the temptation to lift stuff if you are working. . . Possibly they'd be able to do a temporary job swap with someone else in the store with less lifting? For example, could you cashier and someone else cross-train over to produce. . . if people would have the skill sets to change around jobs and if any applicable union rules are okay with that. Or maybe they would even need an extra cashier for some hours if it's a busy season.

Great to hear Anthony! Especially the bit about those rubbish restrictions on exercise you were given before. :) Keep smashing it (not literally of course).

And joan - at 12 weeks post op you have NO lifting restrictions, so there is no reason you can't get back to work and lift stuff. Taking another 12 weeks off would be overkill . . .

Latest posts

Back