11 Days Post Op Sternotomy 6 Days Post Op Pacemaker

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Sorry about no shirt with it. I can't believe this is a picture of me. Two shots of happy one shot of sad. :smile2::smile2::frown2:

IMAG0103.jpg

Julian - I have a matching set of scars. My only problem is that i"m such a wiry old coot that my pacemaker seems to stand out more. It felt weird at first, but mostly I'm used to it now (5.5 months post-op).

Guess we're cyborgs now. . . but we're still around to joke about it.

P.S. There are some other younger members who have pacemakers, and they will probably be around before long. I'm chronologically a bit older than you (now 63), but I refuse to act my age. Peter Pan was right (I'll paraphrase) - Getting older is unavoidable, growing up is not.

Last edited:
Yeah - My story is that the sternotomy scar is from the knife fight that I almost lost. The drain tube scars are from small arms fire and the pacemaker is just an odd bit of shrapnel that the doc's felt they couldn't remove. Tell that story to someone who asks, and they give you lots of room to pass by. . .

Yeah - My story is that the sternotomy scar is from the knife fight that I almost lost. The drain tube scars are from small arms fire and the pacemaker is just an odd bit of shrapnel that the doc's felt they couldn't remove. Tell that story to someone who asks, and they give you lots of room to pass by. . .

This is great! Made me laugh, thanks!

Great pic Jullian! Nice straight scar!

That's a great story epstns made up for his scars!

Scar looks great! Mine looks like a huge exclamation mark, like my chest has a very exciting point to make. It's fatter up at the top going thinner as it goes down and then at the bottom, there's an oval part thanks to the incision not closing properly requiring a wound vac and all kinds of fun stuff. Still very sensitive, five plus months post-op. I put Vitamin E lotion on it every day, don't care if it makes it "look better" but I do want it to stop hurting and that seems to help.

Latest posts

Back