10 days and counting

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penny,
I am thinking back on my the time before my surgery and it did in fact crawl by. So my advise to you to help keep your mind occupied is to have friends and family close by. Go as a group to a funny movie. Have a family game night (we play Bingo at a quarter a card and it gets downright cut-throat). Get you hair cut as cute and short as you can stand it (easier to take care of later). Have a manicure and pedicure cause it might be a task reaching your pinkies after the surgery. If you think it appeals to you get an MP3 player thing and load it down with your favorite songs so you can listen as you rest your body after the big day. But above all remember that you have friends here who will be praying for you before, during and after your heart mending experience.

Luana, I have been very busy, got a hair cut, spending time with my daughter & son in law and son and daughter in law. It has helped with passing the time. Got a list of things to do today including going and buying an air conditioner. The weather here is gorgeous but I have decided I need to be as comfortable as can be when I get out so that is high priority on the to do list. :) I have to go into the hospital the day prior. I have had all my tests completed so now it is just waiting for monday and then tuesday is the grand finale. I am stressed today but know I just need to get up and get busy.. so I am off take care!

Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.. it'll be here and done before you know it.. best advice is try to stay busy right now and keep your mind as much as you can off of surgery... I remember going to the ER several times pre-surgery and I think they were mostly anxiety attacks from worrying about surgery.. keep us updated!

Penny,

You are almost there! We will all be waiting for you with open arms on the other side of the mountain. As others said, keep busy and do some nice things for yourself.

well guys its getting closer, I have been keeping busy for those of you that may have noticed my absence from here. I have planned a very busy day tomorrow as it will be my last day at home.

I am numb... can't believe how close it is... want it over with yet don't want to do it... lol crazy how stress creates such havoc!

I will stop in here tomorrow to post my last post in this part of the forum.. so I sign off with happy thoughts for a brighter future... hugs

Latest posts

Back