1 year today!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mecretired

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
In a way it seems like my surgery was yesterday and in other ways it seems so long ago. I know 1 year is nothing compared to so many of you, but I imagine that the 1 year anniversary feels like the most important. I feel great--work out 3x wk (which I did NOT do before surgery). I want to thank all of you for your words of advice, moral support and encouragement during those days when I wasn't feeling so great. Also---Happy Birthday to RobThatsMe. You told me that my surgery date of May 3 was a lucky day as that was your birthday. God is good!

Congratulations if you still think of your surgery? The reason I ask is that I am coming up on 1 year next month and I still find myself thinking about it every day (even when I am not on this site).

A few months back, Barbara Walters had a special that told the stories of famous people that had these surgeries. David Letterman had indicated that you know you are fully recovered when you stop thinking about it everyday.

Bean Counter: I don't think about my surgery every day--but I do think about it a lot. I don't think there will ever be a time that I don't think about it a lot. I had always heard that heart surgery can change you and I really think it does. Ross says that the "heart is the gateway to the soul". I think that's a very good way of putting it.

Good work. I can relate to your thoughts that time has passed quickly, but also feels a long time ago. I am coming up to 10 months and feel the same. Wishing you the best!

Mary - Congratulations on the biggest anniversary of them all!

I'm just 9 weeks post-op now, and all of you who have gone before are a wonderful inspiration for the rest of us.

Back