1 year anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnff2

Today marks the one year anniversary on my new journey. As I look back this past year has flown by, even though I often had to take it one day at a time. I really didn't want a mechanical mitral valve and I really didn't want a lifetime of coumadin but here I am. I don't usually celebrate my heart surgery anniversaries since I've had 3, but this one seems different. This one is showing me it's time to move on and and just live, laugh and love more then I ever have.

I am very thankful to all of you for your support and encouraging words. I also want to say to those just starting their journey that it really isn't as hard as it seems, you can do it, I did. I believed it was this terrible thing and now I look back and can't believe how fast time has passed and how well I really am. I haven't felt this good since my second surgery 7 years ago.

I still don't like it when my valve decides to tick and I probably never will, but that's just something I have too come to terms with. It's a reminder that I'd like to forget but it likes to continue to remind me it's there. But hey I'm here, so that's what's important.

I saw my cardiologist on Monday an he couldn't stop smiling and telling me how great I'm doing. I am finally able to believe that and I'm looking forward to the many, many happy and healthy years ahead.

​​​​​​:)

rnff2;n872466 said:
Today marks the one year anniversary on my new journey....I saw my cardiologist on Monday an he couldn't stop smiling and telling me how great I'm doing. I am finally able to believe that and I'm looking forward to the many, many happy and healthy years ahead.

excellent ... great news, and glad that you're over the mental hurdles of "not being confident that its all true"

Glad you're finally home "Dorothy"

rnff2;n872466 said:
I saw my cardiologist on Monday an he couldn't stop smiling and telling me how great I'm doing. I am finally able to believe that and I'm looking forward to the many, many happy and healthy years ahead.

I had a similar visit with my cardio yesterday, almost 6 years after valve replacement. The good feeling after that sort of visit is still the same. May you have many happy returns of the day!

Latest posts

Back