1 Year Anniversary -Good and Disappointing News

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveEM

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
"Celebrated" my one year anniversary yesterday from AVR on 10 Dec 2008. Today, I got the results of my blood, x-ray, and echo tests. All is normal with no regurgitation through the new aortic valve. That's the good (great?) news! The disappointing news is that my x-ray showed likely permanent damage to the left lower third of my lungs due to scarring from my bout of Dressler's Syndrome when I was recovering from the surgery. Basically, it means diminished lung capacity compared to my pre-surgery self. That's bummed me a little since it effects my exercise (per my cardiologist). So, happy to be alive, and heart is healed...not so happy my lung is damaged permanently. Gotta keep looking on the bright side. I hope everyone has a great Holiday season!!

Dave,

Congratulations, on your one year anniversary! I know you are very disappointed with your lung diognosis, but you are still here and doing well. Focus on the POSITIVE.

Dave,
Sorry to hear about your report on the lung but it sounds like your heart is doing well. That's great news you can focus on for now.

Chris

Latest posts

Back