YEAH Team USA and Canada

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now we have horses banned for drug taking. :eek: No N. American ones I hasten to add. :)

As an aside, I'm amused by the different tabulations of the medal league. Here we use the International Olympic Committee configuration based on total golds won looking like this , our media reports the USA uses their own config based on total medal haul looking like this and placing USA top of the table!!!!! :confused: :D :D

Bonzo, to have a horse banned for drug taking (including Germany), is not always a very clear situation.
My ex has racehorses, and there is a veritable enclyopedia of drugs and meds with all restrictions listed.
But it is not so simple as that.....many factors are taken into consideration.
Indivdual horses have different metabolisms, and reactions, and side effects to meds, just as we do.
Giving a horse cortisone for a bad knee injury has to be done a specific amount of days before competition, then stopped.
If your horse is worth $1,000,000.00 you would want to save his knee at risk of failing a drug test.

Thinking about this a.m.

Thinking about this a.m.

That was quite the competition. The Gold was won by the final competitor in the final round.

Talk about nail biting.

It's inevitable drugs have to rear their ugly heads.

The announcer said 4 competitors wouldn't compete to-day and later mentioned Germany was one of them. I'll check with my other Forums maybe someone has posted. I'm interested to learn the outcome for mac Cone's horse that sustained a "slight" injury earlier in the week.

I'm thinking about the celebration going on. Probably none of the participants will get much sleep.

This is from the BBC website

'Ireland's Denis Lynch, riding Lantinus, was among the riders barred.

Norway's Tony Andre Hansen on Camiro, Brazil's Bernardo Alves on Chupa Chup and Germany's Christian Ahlmann on Coster were also ejected.

Lynch, Hansen and Alves had all been scheduled to compete in Thursday's individual competition, but Ahlmann was not entered into the event.

Following news of Lantinus' positive drugs test, Horse Sport Ireland said that Lynch had admitted using a product called Equi-block, which contains capsaicin, on his horse.

Capsaicin, derived from chilli peppers, can have hypersensitising effects or act as a pain relief that, in both cases, can improve the performance of the horse.

It has always been an illegal substance but the technique to discover its use has only recently been developed.

"Denis Lynch explained to the tribunal that he commonly applies Equi-block to the horse's lower back prior to exercise," said a Horse Sport Ireland spokesman. '

Back