WOW, The pain!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had excruciating pain for about 6 weeks. I notified my Cardio and Surgeon, and they both said it was normal. I had horrible shoulder tip pain, back pain, chest soreness, and clavicle pain. May just be your body working out all the kinks. For me, it's all gone now.

I had excruciating pain for about 6 weeks. I notified my Cardio and Surgeon, and they both said it was normal. I had horrible shoulder tip pain, back pain, chest soreness, and clavicle pain. May just be your body working out all the kinks. For me, it's all gone now.

Wow were did you go that they had no problem with you being excruciating pain for about 6 weeks? I'm sorry but I would be furious if that was told to me or my loved one following heart surggery. Every surgeon we spoke to for Justin's OHS preops stressed pain management was at the top of their concerns and it wasnt just pretty words, they wre very good from CICU on, asking about pain. For th most part Justin did not have "pain" but he dscribed it as bing sore.

IF you havent had much pain and then all of a sudden you have much more pain during your first weeks of recovery, it s aways good to call your docotrs since that COLD be a sign of som coplication.

Much of my pain was exaggerated more after surgery since I already had back and left shoulder issues. After surgery we tend to carry our bodies differently due to pain, this is not good for alignment, as soon as I was able to see a Chiropractor I went. I can't tell ya how much it helped with the daily aches and pains but it was like night and day.

I've noticed that Gribur has not responded to any of these posts since his original (unless I'm missing it!). Has anyone heard from him and if he is okay?

I've noticed that Gribur has not responded to any of these posts since his original (unless I'm missing it!). Has anyone heard from him and if he is okay?

I was wonderring that yesterday so looked at his profile and he (or someone who can sign inhis account) logged in yesterday

Hey all, hows it going? Well things have been quite eventful. I was not feeling well, tired, more dizzy then normal etc. I decided to lay down on the sofa and rest, I needed to get up to grab something and when I did I was all over like i was drunk, my wife told me to go down to the floor and then called an ambulance. I was rushed to our local hospital, The Doc (same one as before) knew something was up as my Hemoglobin numbers kept dropping. I had been the week prior not feeling well and my hemoglobin numbers were lower then when released from hospital after surgery, local doc thought mechanical hemolytic anemia but it was definately not mechanical hemolytic anemia and now at the hospital again the numbers were very low so I was stabilized and then rushed code 4 to a larger hospital an hour away where they could work on me. It turns out that I had at some point developed a duodenal ulcer and with being on the wonderful new drug Warfarin, I had developed major internal bleeding. At one point I was loosing more blood then they could push into me. My family was very close to losing me and I will tell you, It was 10 times scarier then having a valve replaced. I was in the hospital for over a week and I am now out. I just wanted to post this so you guys did not think I was avoiding you LOL and also, if you or your doctor notice any drop in hemoglobin , you may be able to figure it out asap.

Just a couple questions for ya.
I am just wondering, my hemoglobin is going up so i am no longer bleeding but I am still dizzy when getting up from crouching or bending, wondering who has had this and for how long? Also wondering if anybody went through spells where they felt great and then the next day were super tired or had no energy?

I'm sorry that you have been through such a scary experience, and am glad that the doctors managed to stabilise you.

I sometimes get dizzy when standing up because I'm on a betablocker. Anaemia also makes you dizzy. I know your Hb is rising, but is it still below normal? After what you have been through, I think you should check with your doctors about the dizziness.

Latest posts

Back