Worried about my Dad

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojofromct

SO the pat few weeks my dads shoulder has been getting worse and worse, the MRI showed disk damage but he is now referred to an Orthopedic for his shoulder. My mom told me last night he couldnt breath and laid down and also felt a bit weak. TOday he went to work but has bad shoulder pain. He is leaving work at 12 and going to the orthopedic at 230. I am just worried maybe its the valve? Could it be the valve? The shoulder problems are possible frozen shoulder but the weak feeling and he has a lot of night sweats, I am so scared there is something wrong with the valve, my dad even said that, WHAT IF ITS THE VALVE? He has been doing fine...besides the shoulder stuff and he never lost the weight he gained AFTER surgery...I am real worried. I wish he didnt even go to work today.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with his valve, but if they question any of it, they'll order some tests, starting with a chest x-ray.

Oh Ross, you always make me feel better. I have to add that he has been under a lot of stress, his job of 44 years is being eliminated ANY day now...

I also think of aortic dissection. I dont know why, but thats pain in the middle of the shoulder blades right?

For me it wasn't. It was dead center of my chest. I'd of given anything to have been able to grab hold of it.

I'm sure he'll be fine. He's not exactly having the best of times right now and that always makes things seem worse then they are.

Thanks Superbob...he is on his way home now and has a 230 appt with the bone doctor...if anything its time for retirement/probably disability.

My dads company does NOT offer long or short term disability but I believe our state has disability for people are permantley disabled...

Hey JoJo, take a deep breath. And don't write you dad off to disability just yet. Could be the stress of on knowing about his job has settled in his back. Let's see what the bone doc has to say. How old is your dad anyway??

Jojo:

Let us know how the visit goes. I'm guessing they'll find it's orthopedic related, rather than cardiac. The ol' heart issue can stay in the back of your mind, though, once you've had OHS. But I'll bet $5 it isn't.

He's had a lot of stress this year and it wrecks havoc on our bodies. I agree that it's (hopefully) and probably not heart related.

Best wishes.

Well, I just talked to my mom. My dad needs a total shoulder joint replacement surgery, UGH. I want to cry. I feel so bad. My parents have a lot to talk about. He will be having another MRI on the shoulder as the first one was MORE on his back. The shoulder is bone to bone they said. So this means he will be going on Lovenox again and then getting his INR regulated all over again, its not even ONE YEAR since his OHS. I am so bummed and totally sad right now. I am supposed to be grocery shopping but I cant even do that. I am depressed, so is my dad and my mom too. We are emotional cripples right now. All that lifting all these years. What is surgery like after OHS? UGH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it hurts a lot worse then OHS did. My hip replacement hurt like mad compared to OHS.

Go get your groceries. Not eating is not going to change circumstances any at all. It's just another thing on the life dung heap that has to be dealt with.

ugh Ross WHY??? WHY WHY WHY? I am so sad...things were good...I mean they are still ok, its not emergency or anything but still. So, you had your hip replaced after OHS? Are there many people on here that have surgeries after OHS?

Latest posts

Back