Woodstock 40th

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeptic49

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Philadelphia, PA and Cherry Grove, Fire Is. NY
40 years ago this month I made plans with a buddy from my rock band to go to Woodstock. We didn't have much money, and I was working a summer job to help pay my college tuition. We were going to drive from Philly in my then 19 year old Plymouth jalopy (my car was as old as I was.) As the date approached, it became apparent that we would not be able to swing it financially, and even if we could my old car would probably not make it, so at the last minute we decided not to go. Instead, I did the responsible thing and worked at my summer job that mid August weekend in 1969.

I've regretted not going to Woodstock ever since, but even those of us who weren't there still have the music, and through the music we can keep the Woodstock spirit of love and peace alive.

Wishing Peace and Love to my friends on VR.com.

Jim
[ link ]

We were all young and fine back then. Thanks, Jim, for the reminder.

Ahhh Jim, wouldn't that have been great if you could have gone!? :p :)

I was too young & stupid then.....kinda glad I wasn't there but it sure was something to watch & listen to the great music!! :)

I was there,,in the traditional van,,it wasnt that big a deal at the time. It was tame compared to what goes on today.. It was all very peaceful,with so many really kind folks.I have very vivid memories of it and can not recall what I ate yesterday!!

I was there,,in the traditional van, it wasnt that big a deal at the time. It was tame compared to what goes on today.. It was all very peaceful,with so many really kind folks.I have very vivid memories of it and can not recall what I ate yesterday!!

I'm a itty bitty younger (1955), and I think that the peace and love was what the big deal was all about - imagine, all those young hippy "freaks" and no bad behaviour! I remember going to see the movie (I lived in Scotland at the time, and could not have gone.)

I did go to several outdoor festivals in Belgium in the early 70s, and saw many, many bands - including Ike & Tina Turner - and I have lots of fond memories of those days. I had the long skirts, the tie-dyed t-shirts, the cheesecloth tops and all the rest of it, too. In fact, in my mid-thirties, my sister called me a "hippie caught in a time warp", meaning I had never lost the attitude of peace and love.

Jim, I would be kicking myself, too, if I came that close!

Boy, does Santana look young in the video. I love his music. Was to young for woodstock but of course heard all about it. Was that nekkid people in that water Jim? I heard there was alot of that going on. I bet alot of people from this forum were there.
Something you'll probally never forget.

I was but a wee one when woodstock went down. I have just about all of the songs played there though. Problem is, they are on records and my turntable bit the dust years ago.

I was but a wee one when woodstock went down. I have just about all of the songs played there though. Problem is, they are on records and my turntable bit the dust years ago.

There is a machine called "Crosley Songwriter" that will convert LP's, cassette tapes, into CD's with the touch of a button. It is quite pricey though. I saw it advertised in a magazine called Brookstone. You can probably goggle it & see if you can find it cheaper w/another vendor.

I'm a itty bitty younger (1955), and I think that the peace and love was what the big deal was all about - imagine, all those young hippy "freaks" and no bad behaviour! I remember going to see the movie (I lived in Scotland at the time, and could not have gone.)

I did go to several outdoor festivals in Belgium in the early 70s, and saw many, many bands - including Ike & Tina Turner - and I have lots of fond memories of those days. I had the long skirts, the tie-dyed t-shirts, the cheesecloth tops and all the rest of it, too. In fact, in my mid-thirties, my sister called me a "hippie caught in a time warp", meaning I had never lost the attitude of peace and love.

Jim, I would be kicking myself, too, if I came that close!

Wow, I lived in Brussels from 1969 to 1973 (high school) there were some great outdoor and indoor concerts (how about yes as the backup group for iron butterfly).

There is a machine called "Crosley Songwriter" that will convert LP's, cassette tapes, into CD's with the touch of a button. It is quite pricey though. I saw it advertised in a magazine called Brookstone. You can probably goggle it & see if you can find it cheaper w/another vendor.

My turntable still works, but I had to buy a preamp as the new receivers don't have the preamp built in anymore. You can get a turntable at a good price (and they have the preamp built in), they usually have usb capabilities and most sound cards have built in software to help convert to cd/dvd. so hook up the turntable to the computer and burn baby burn:)

lmao!!! Now,now,,that will go to the grave with me. My son already knows way to much about my past. Its one of those things, like the heart surgery,,when you say aloud to yourself "I cant believe I did that and came out alive."

No regrets,,just lessons learned (and loads of fun)

p.s. back then I looked damn good nekkid :p

Latest posts

Back