Wonder if I will need meds in the future for my heart?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offwego

It will be 2 weeks this Friday since my 2nd Mitral Valve repair...This time they seemed to nail it and recovery has been fast and as smooth as I could have hoped..So much better than first surgery.

I was on assorted meds after first surgery but if I remember correctly came off of all of them except baby aspirin..Finally as my valve starting leaking more and more my cardio gave me and upped my dosage to Diovan 325/25 (max dose), this worked well for a couple of years but as the valve got worse, I started experiencing symptoms.

I never had high blood pressure unless it was valve related...Post surgery I am on 5mg of Warfarin (will only be on that for 6-8 weeks), 25 mg of Metalolol 2x a day (my new spelling), 25 mg of Lasix 2x a day.

The Lasix is to remove the fluids I retained post surgery...Still didn't buy a scale (tomorrow tomorrow) but I think I am losing those fluids steadily and guess I'll be off the Lasix when I am at my normal weight (at this rate in a week or two)..

I'm wondering if I will need the Metapropolol (how the heck do you spell that???)...in the future...

The idea of being med free is nice, not that it matters so much but it would be a nice feeling for a little while at least.

I'm 54, don't smoke, not overweight and no history of high blood pressure in my family..

Just wondering if I'll be med free..

Latest posts

Back