Wobble wobble

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotti

I've looked through loads of post surgery posts and feel that I may have a FIRST.

Do any of you out there wobble??? (No rude answers Ross)

I had AVR and pacemaker 7 weeks ago and immediately after surgery (well, once I was able to notice my surroundings) I have found that I wobble in time to my new heartbeat. It's almost as if my hand or what ever is resting ON my heart and moving in time. It not only makes reading a magazine quite interesting, but it also makes me motion sick. Although that is slowly getting better or rather I am getting used to it. I went from a valve area of 6mm to 25mm. My only other thought is that it's my pacemaker pulsing that I can feel. Being paced 100%.

Any thoughts??? :)

Lotti

YES! Yours sounds more a little more extreme than mine. I have noticed since surgery that when I rest my head in my hand (propped up on a table), that it slowly moves back forth (perhaps about a half inch or so) in time with my heart. I did not have stenosis like you, so I don't think that is the cause. I do not notice the motion while reading and it definitely has not made me motion sick.

Funny you mention this Lotti...

guess what I wobble too and I am still pre-surgery...

I have always been able to take my pulse because of this, just by paying attention to my body ...

so there ya go...I personally dont think its limited to post-surgery :) maybe were just extra-special! and extra sensitive!:D

I always did have that thing where at rest, my body would eventually start swaying or my head bobbing slightly to my heartbeat. It's like a metronome in there. Somewhat less since the surgery, though.

Best wishes,

Latest posts

Back