Wish I would have choose tissue valve instead of mechanical

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngmom

I had two valve replacements in june with mechanical valves and have nothing but trouble with blood thinners. I have had a heart attack due to a blood clot bc they cant regulate my blood. I keep going down hill.I am only 43 but I feel some much older. This sucks!!!!I'd rather have to have another replacement than go thru this everyday. Heck I have to have the pacemaker replaced every 8-10 yrs anyway. If I didn't have a young son I would give UP!!!!!. Still working everyday determining eligibility for people who state they are disable...ironic huh

Youngmom

its very saddening to hear of your plight. I wish that I could do something to help, but even if I knew more details and even if I knew the answers I do not have ear of your physicians.

I had two valve replacements in june with mechanical valves and have nothing but trouble with blood thinners.

I guess that you had mitral and aortic valve done.

This sucks!!!!

I bet it does. I wished for death to find me when I was back in hospital one year after my valve replacement in 2011, just months after the death of my wife from a brain tumor.

Before that time I identified myself as a Christian. During that time I can not claim to have been as good a fellow as Job was in coping with my losses.

I have no answers to give you only that you hope. Personally I do not believe in prayer for changing things, but only prayer to seek the strength to cope with what the injustices of the world throws at you.

If I didn't have a young son I would give UP!!!!!.

Having lost my wife while we were trying to have a family and the month before lost my father I felt strongly like giving up, so I can reconcile myself with those feelings.

I hope you find strength to continue as best you can and the only practical thing I can only say "learn as much as you can and fight for yourself"

PM me if ever you want to have an ear to listen

Best Wishes

i am so sorry to hear about your troubles, hopefully things will calm down for you, try to keep positive in this difficult time

youngmom,

I'm sorry to hear of your difficulty. There seems to be a wide range of responses to anti-coagulants. Many people on this site have no problems but others, including many nurses I know, say that it can cause a lot of complications. Have you considered home testing? I have a INR testing machine I got off Ebay for $350 and it seems to work fine. You could possibly do your own investigation by self-testing and trying to find out why you're not stable.

Youngmom, Please have the courage, the strength, and the faith to keep trying. You have only one life and it is worth fighting for. I pray that you will quickly get better.

pellicle - Very, very, well said.

I have thought of that myself. But it is what it is. I home test and have found i'm more in range. There is a page on facebook for people on coumadin. To be honest, I never had the problems some of them have?? Hang in there, hope all works out for you.

Hi youngmom

How's it going?
Can anyone help?
Did you want to ask any specific questions?

Best Wishes

How's it going

You may already know that certain medications and vitamins affect the INR when you start new one or when you stop them.

Do you always get your refills from the same manufacturer? If so, how about changing brands or manufacturer?

Who is monitoring your INR? Do they discuss with you the role of medication, vitamins, etc?

I encourage you to test at home if you don't do that yet. It will make it easier to regulate it, especially if you are like me when it comes to food!

I test at home and I test more often when I binge on greens, since I'm not regular eater of greens.

As Agian Said above, I did second-guessed my decision a few times. Yet, I can handle a fluctuating INR more than I maybe able to handle a second or third surgery if I had gone with tissue.

Keep us posted.

Back