Will I Be OK For Church?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgammo

Hey all, I am having my AVR this coming Friday and I was wondering: will I physically be able to go to church the following Sunday (as in 12 days after)?

Thanks

I did, nine days after surgery. Don't plan on singing much for a while. I preached a couple weeks after surgery, but then paid for that afterwards.

Probably but no one can promise. If you have a bump free recovery, there is every reason to expect you could have someone drive you to church. Both my surgeries, I would have been up to a short service. I would have been too uncomfortable to sit there for more than an hour and a half at most. You will be amazed your level of exhaustion...... at least I was.

Hopefully, you will be able to go to your church.

Best wishes.

you probably won't actually know for sure until that Sunday really. My guess is that the majority of AVR recoveries would be able to, but on the other hand some are still in hospital. While others may feel very good for first 11 days and be not so good on the 12th day type of scenario.

Like the rest have said it depends. I personally stayed away from groups of people the first month after surgery to avoid complications with infections, germs. In my case this surgery took a mental toll on me and I couldn't deal with more than a couple of people at a time much less 50 people at church coming up to hug happy that I'm not dead. Just sayin'...

Like the rest have said it depends. I personally stayed away from groups of people the first month after surgery to avoid complications with infections, germs. In my case this surgery took a mental toll on me and I couldn't deal with more than a couple of people at a time much less 50 people at church coming up to hug happy that I'm not dead. Just sayin'...

Excellent point.
The last thing you need so soon post op is being exposed to other people coughing, sneezing and exposing you to germs. Your resistance will be challenged and you will be susceptible. It's a very good idea to avoid lots of people in closed space.

Latest posts

Back