When - Will -If the wires

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't need too

They don't need too

There are a couple members who had their's removed. That is a personal choice.

I have all of mine except ONE, It broke and was jabbing me from the inside.....therefore had it removed.

Completely up to you.

Mine offer a great party trick, when I hang kitchen magnets from my chest
hehe

Ben

Dang! I had mine removed a few weeks ago and never even thought about hanging magnets from them! It would have been a nice place to keep the grocery list and all those "to do" lists that I am forever losing!

Pam, my top one is bigger and I can feel/find it more than the others. My bumps have always been tender. I sure know it when the cat steps on it. Had surgery 3/2000. I think calcium must form around these things as maybe protection or nature. You sure Mike's is growing? My first visit to surgeon, he required that I go for x-ray before I went in to see him. (that's when we all can find out how many wires we have imbedded in us, so y'all don't forget that is perhaps the only time you might find out unless another x-ray is done later). I think the xray must have been done that time so that he could see that all wires were in place and holding? That's all I could think of for having an x-ray. Anyhoo, Pam, if you think it's really something to be concerned about, I expect an x-ray could help. Let us know. I've not heard of anyone getting an infection way down the road from date of surgery. How long has it been - isn't it awhile now?

Ya gotta trust me here folks.........

Ya gotta trust me here folks.........

The magnets are a great party trick......people freak out. Especially when they don't know about your surgery.

Pam,
I've experience the "BOINGGGG". It is uncomfortable, but it is nothing to worry about. Enjoy life and show off your magnets. (hehehe)

Ben

Can't play around with magnets on my chest due to the AICD. Magnets will momentarily (you hope :eek: ) disable the AICD unit. That was the first thing they did anytime they had to work around my unit. Was in a chair once when they "attached" the magnet and it did look strange :) .

I will take a closer look at my next X-Ray and see if I can see anything floating around in there. So much other beautiful scenery to look at :D . WOW!!!!

May God Bless,

Danny

gadgetman said:
Can't play around with magnets on my chest due to the AICD. Magnets will momentarily (you hope :eek: ) disable the AICD unit. That was the first thing they did anytime they had to work around my unit. Was in a chair once when they "attached" the magnet and it did look strange :) .

I will take a closer look at my next X-Ray and see if I can see anything floating around in there. So much other beautiful scenery to look at :D . WOW!!!!

May God Bless,

Danny

there you go using those big words what is a AICD?

Ben Smith said:
....but I think Janie was just trying to get me to remove my shirt...

My wife never really needed any excuses to remove my shirt...

Wonder if the magnet thing will work one me....

My first OHS (circa 30 something years ago) saw the sternum sewn shut with plastic sutures, I know that much. They're visible on x-ray (or at least they were, probably gone since the second OHS) and I've seen them noted a few times by various doctors....

Now I need a magnet... :rolleyes:

AICD: Automated Internal Cardiac Defibulator. Shocks your heart back into normal rhythm when it misbehaves, from the INSIDE. From what I understand it's very effective.

Gotta be a wee bit careful though using an AED (automated electronic defibulator) like what you're starting to see a lot of now in public spaces like malls, airplanes, schools, and the like. Mostly it affects the placement of the pads, can't put one directly over the AICD if it's present.

Also gotta be sure to remove all manner of patches, nicotine, birth control, nitro, etc. Each one of them can and WILL explode upon the application of an electrical current such as what the AED does...

Or so I've been lead to believe by "professional" EMT's and paramedics.... :eek:

Latest posts

Back