When to take

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old clicker

Does anyone have a fact sheet on Warfarin, as to when it should be taked, can it be taken with other drugs, with or without foods. Maybe I should check with my pharmacist.

Check out Al Lodwick's site for lots of good info on Warfarin: http://www.warfarinfo.com .

I take my warfarin late in the evening with a handful of other meds. I usually take it without food with no ill effects, and I strive to be consistent with regard to time and food intake.

The best time to take it is when you won't forget. Formost people this is either just after they get up or just before they go to bed. If it makes no difference to you, I prefer bedtime because if your INR is high you haven't taken any since the day before. Only a few drugs such as those that bind cholesterol etc make much difference.

I take mine at breakfast. Unlike some folks, I always eat breakfast, so it's a good reminder to take my warfarin, which is the only Rx I take.
I started out taking it at night, but I forgot to take it once, so I switched to mornings.

Latest posts

Back