What's your favorite coffee?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

I've been getting Folgers for a long time now, but somehow, it's been tasting different lately. I've been trying other brands and some flavored coffee's. Just made a pot of Hylander Creme and man is this stuff good. What do folks like?

Give me anything---topped up with Irish Whiskey and whipped cream...!!!
Oops, another flashback. LOL
I make a hot chocolate and add a bit of decaf coffee....nice mocha type drink.

Hey I'm a Brit. ;) Tea please. :p :D English Breakfast milk no sugar in the morning, black Darjeeling throughout the day.
Bonzooki is the caffeine addict in our household. I bought her a Gaggia espresso machine a few years ago and it must have paid for itself several times over.
To be serious I haven't drunk any coffee for years now for cardiac reasons. Just a couple of cups a day caused me insomnia and arrhythmias.

I shouldn't drink any but I'm up most all night because of not being able to sleep, so I gotta have my morning pot. I stop around 11 or noon.

We usually drink Folgers; switched from Maxwell House, but may go back again. We've got coffee from Gevalia in the pot right now. We order the traditional roast, but it's getting too expensive to have it delivered every month, so that's about to end.
We've bought and enjoyed the coffee that is grown in the tropical forest without clear cutting the vegetation, but it is difficult to find. I had a source on the internet but lost it.:(
I drink three cups in the morning, and I can drink a cup in the afternoon or evening without it affecting me at all. No insomnnia, no irregular heartbeats, nothing. I am blessed!;):p

I buy expresso coffee (whatever's on sale) and brew it up like regular coffee. I like the rich flavor of expresso.

Not sure if you have a Kroger's there but I like their brand coffees. They also carry a whole bean coffee that you can grind fresh and that is really good also. I like the Irish Creme or anything Vanilla.

We like a mixed hazelnut coffee.....half regular and half decaf. Get it at Waldbaums on Long Island. The problem is that we live in Virginia. Soooo, whenever we head up north, we buy about 8-10 lbs. and put it in the freezer. That way we have it almost all year. It's delicious.....something Royale, but the hazelnut is the flavor.

Evelyn

I've been buying Maxwell House Lite which is part decaf & regular. We love it & it doesn't seem to create the acidity(? spelling) that we experienced w/regular coffee. I only drink two cups in the morning & that will do it for the rest of the day.

Oh, & I forgot to add that I add some Hazelnut coffee creamer to it w/2 spoonfuls of sugar! Tastes sooooo good!!

DECAF Starbucks......Verona, Celebes (now called something else) and actually, their new (old) 1971 blend is awesome. You can get the beans in 5 pound bags and it's much cheaper. Freeze what you are not using. Of course this is easy for me to say...when our daughter is not in college, she's working at Starbucks and the discounts are amazing!

If you grind your own you can really get a good strong cup of java. I use an ancient Krups coffee grinder....I think it was $15. http://www.jr.com/krups/pe/KRU_20342/

The fancy ones aren't worth it. We use drip cones and make single cups with boiled (and filtered) water from the teakettle. Devine. http://www.fantes.com/images/15681coffee-manualdrip.jpg

Costco sells their espresso, but that is abit harsh for me.

Mmmmmmm........off to go have some!

Marguerite

I never drank coffee except when I was in the USA

( as it was impossible to get a decent cup of tea)
now all I drink is coffee, only have two cups a day,
I use Costco's own brand Kirkland Columbian but I always use cream or coffee whitener,

must confess to loving all the flavoured coffee whiteners you have in the USA

I also like the French Vanilla Late that tthe gas stations sell ( but that probably does not contain any coffee )

Jan

We do not have Cock full of Nuts in SE Missouri!

Want to bring some to Gatlinburg so we can try it?;):p:p

Seriously!

I don't drink coffee, but I like making it!! (weird huh!) We have a coffee grinder and we get whatever beans are on sale. Then my husband likes the "French Press"coffee maker and he drinks that. It can keep you awake for hours, and he needs it driving the trains.:eek:

We usually drink Folgers; switched from Maxwell House, but may go back again. We've got coffee from Gevalia in the pot right now. We order the traditional roast, but it's getting too expensive to have it delivered every month, so that's about to end.
We've bought and enjoyed the coffee that is grown in the tropical forest without clear cutting the vegetation, but it is difficult to find. I had a source on the internet but lost it.:(
I drink three cups in the morning, and I can drink a cup in the afternoon or evening without it affecting me at all. No insomnnia, no irregular heartbeats, nothing. I am blessed!;):p

You can get the tropical rainforest coffee from Costco; it was about 11 dollars for 3 pounds and was made by the San Francisco Coffee Company (or very close; we usually take it out of the bag). It is whole bean only, and we use a Black and Decker Burr Grinder to grind it, an inexpensive one. I never thought it would make a difference, but there is more flavor with the burr grinder than the rotary blade. Great coffee. We also like the White Cloud Coffee Company Breakfast blend and House Blend. Almost any Kona coffee , especially from Tully's. Chris likes Columbian, especially from Yuba. We buy the 50/50 from Kroger if he gets too wired. We really, really liked Kaladi Brothers House blend and Kona from Anchorage AK (they do several things excellently in Anchorage, including coffee, soups, sushi, salmon, and hot breads!); however, it was VERY expensive to get in the lower 48. When we need French roast or espresso, we use Cafe Robusto from the Mexican store. AND we like Vienna cinnamon from the local gourmet store, but this is an indulgence. It's one of those organic sustainable coffees from a co-op.

As far as coffee makers, we have tried them all, and donated most of them to workplace and charity. We like the super-fast Farberware percolator; I know, I know, the addage about boiling your coffee and all that, but it's so fast that it tastes great, and you don't use as much coffee, either. We also use our French coffee press occasionally, and the espresso maker once in awhile, but I like to get my latte at half-price during happy hour and get a free one every 10 drinks.

For sweeteners, usually Splenda and milk for me, Splenda and half-and-half for Chris.

Yes, we even drink tea! Mostly mint, chamomile, chai, and lemony for Chris, and Earl Grey decaf and regular for me. Tea usually gets honey sweetener.

Well, I have to go pick some cherries.

Busy in Idaho,
-Laura

DECAF Starbucks......Verona, Celebes (now called something else) and actually, their new (old) 1971 blend is awesome. You can get the beans in 5 pound bags and it's much cheaper. Freeze what you are not using. Of course this is easy for me to say...when our daughter is not in college, she's working at Starbucks and the discounts are amazing!

If you grind your own you can really get a good strong cup of java. I use an ancient Krups coffee grinder....I think it was $15. http://www.jr.com/krups/pe/KRU_20342/

The fancy ones aren't worth it. We use drip cones and make single cups with boiled (and filtered) water from the teakettle. Devine. http://www.fantes.com/images/15681coffee-manualdrip.jpg

Costco sells their espresso, but that is abit harsh for me.

Mmmmmmm........off to go have some!

Marguerite

We love Starbucks coffee! Should've know you had good coffee taste Marguerite. We usually grind Verona at home every morning (half regular beans/half decaf beans). We also like their new one, Pike's Place; very good.

I'll drink other coffee, but if I can have Starbucks, that's all she wrote. ;):D

Latest posts

Back