What was that??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niki,

Thoughts/prayers continuing for you.....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Waiting to be mended like a potter would mend a broken vase" ... Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers ... 'Broken Lady'

Niki,

Thoughts/prayers continuing for you.....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Waiting to be mended like a potter would mend a broken vase" ... Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers ... 'Broken Lady'

I will be leaving in about an hour and a half for surgery... What ever happened to those "be here at 4 AM" surgeries??? ;) At least then I'd be waiting at the hospital and feel a little closer to having this over with. I don't have to be there until 9 AM, and DH and I have a nasty habit of waking up early now that we're "old." ;) Doesn't help that the dog always wants out around 5 AM. So I've been awake since 6 (the dog let us sleep a little later than usual). I've already packed my bag and showered (had to wait until today so I didn't freak out the dogs-- the packing. Not the shower.) and now it's just a matter of waiting. Can't even have a little breakfast to pass the time! :p

This morning as we lay in bed wishing we weren't awake yet, DH and I started talking about my heart and pacemaker. I don't remember exactly how it came around to it, but I suddenly remembered when they pulled the external pacer wires after VR. The nurse said "I've been told this feels like a pinch." Boy was she misinformed! :eek: And that got me to thinking about when they pull this wire today. For one thing, it's been in there a LOT longer. And for another, it's inside and not outside my heart. I told DH "I hope I'm not awake when they pull it!" (I've been awake for portions of other pacer surgeries. I think I'm building a tolerance to the sedatives.) DH asked "What's your favorite pain med?" I told him I didn't have one because I hate pain meds. He said "Well if you are awake when they pull it you might want some!" :eek:

I guess I can put up with anything if I know I'll be feeling better as a result. I just hope my INR has gone down enough. Surely 2 doses of vit. K and 3 days with no coumadin can get it down from 6. If not, we've got bigger problems to worry about! :eek:

Well, I'm just rambling at this point. Trying to waste some time (only 10 minutes so far. :( ). Guess I'll try and find something else to keep my mind occupied... See you on the other side! ;)

Niki, I'm sure everything will go well today and you'll be back home before you know it. We will be waiting anxiously to hear from you again.

Kim

You're in my prayers Niki. I hope your pain fears don't come to pass. I look forward to a good report.

Thinking of you Niki and will be anxious to hear that all was fine and painless!

You have been in my thoughts this morning, expecially driving past the Heart Hospital. Here's hoping for a good INR report and no-surprises successful surgery.

You are in my thoughts and prayers today. I will we waiting for the good news that everything is done and you are feeling better and less anxious.

I think it's 9:35 Texas time as I post this, and I hope everything has gone well up to this point in time.:)

I'm out of surgery and on the road to recovery. I actually have two incisions to heal. The doc figured that he might as well go ahead and take out my old pacer while he had me here. The old pacer was in my abdomen, just under the muscle. Rather than cut through the muscle he decided to go in from the side. I thought it was funny that he asked me "Is it okay if I make another scar?" I told him "What's one more?" ;) They decided to put me under a general anesthesia, complete with intubation. :p So my throat is sore too.

Nathan says there was a lot of occlusion and scar tissue in my artery, so they really had to work at getting it all in place and/or removed. Dr, DeVille said "She might not like me much when she wakes up." ;) I guess I'll forgive him, since I didn't have to go all the way to MN.

I should be home tomorrow. I have to say, though, if I've got to be in a hospital, this is the one to be in! My first reaction when seeing the room was "Wow! This is swank!" I swear this room (all private) is larger than my room at home, and there's a flat screen TV and even a desk, couch, and recliner! I've never even stayed in a hotel room this nice! ;)

Good news, Niki- so glad you have this behind you and look forward to news that you are home tomorrow!

Glad to read the good news. I hope you have a speedy recovery. The room sounds incredible!

Latest posts

Back