What to choose

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Scott,

At 5 weeks post surgery, I am now allowed to lift 15 lbs. Next month 25, and Sept. 11th... 150.

I haved lived with not being able to lift more than 50-75 lbs for the last 15 years or so. (Card. restircitions) Now, will finally have all restrictions lifted. BUT... I waited 15 years for it. Had I not waited, my surgery may have been in 1993 instead of 2003. ( I was forutanate that my cardiologist and urgeon recommend surgery prior to anything but miniscule enlargement)

One thing I have found during my recoverY. Every single day I feel better and stronger. I have almost reached my pre surgery stamina (can tell when going up a flight of stairs). Patience.... I am starting to realize that excercise toward health is not a goal, but a way of living. Go the way of being ehalthy and fit, leaving behind the need to push (said from someone who likes to push himself... Just ask Gerry Dorrian)

Best of luck my friend

Thanks for the detailed explanation Scott.

I'm still looking for an internist (preferably one who specializes in Cardiology) in hopes of finding someone who will take the time to explain all the details of my condition. Unfortunately, Internists are in short supply in our modest sized (high tech) town.

It's clear my cardiologist doesn't want to be bothered which is probably part of the operating philosophy of the (Hospital sponsored) Heart Center and their 20+ Cardiologists. It appears they only want to spend their time on serious (read revenue generating) conditions.

'AL'

AL: >>It's clear my cardiologist doesn't want to be bothered<<

I think I mentioned what I did in my similar situation--I requested a copy of my medical file from my regular doctor (under agreement with my cardiologist, he sends copies of everything HE notes in my file, to my regular doctor.) I got a copy, made ANOTHER copy that I could trash, and wrote notes and yellow-highlighted it to death. Went in for a regular cardiologist appointment, slapped the folder open on the counter and said, "I hope you blocked in some time for me, because I'm not leaving until you explain everything in here that I want to know... "

I haven't had to do that since, cos he knows now.

:) Scott(y)

Latest posts

Back