What is it with people?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ross,

I checked out the website, and I totally agree with you Ross. I?m on my 9 month after my valve replacement feeling great, but not fully recovered because my heart grew too large. However I returned back to work full duty (Police Officer) and on my 5 month the only thing I can?t do is sprint 1 or 2 miles like use to, I?m sure in couple more months I could. I will challenge any sceptical?s out there about cops on warfarin and not being able to do the job. I?ve challenge them because I?ve been punch in the head, cut the tip of my finger off, got drunk of wine and I?m still alive. To be honest I don?t think being on warfarin really affected my bleeding that much. The only time I had a problem I cut a pimple off, accidently while shaving and it took 15 mins to stop bleeding, and ya, I still use razors to shave. Matter of fact I?m returning to play ice hockey next year, my position is a goalie, so there all you sceptical?s. I can?t believe all the myths about warfarin. After reading some of the threads people not using razors, because they might cut themselves and die of bleeding and so on.. and ya my inr is stable between 2.5-3.0 and o ya, I eat salads anytime I want.. sorry Ross just had to vent a little after reading that stupid thread from the Police forum. All it is some people read about the possibilities what warfarin or other blood thinners are about and make judgement calls about it.. The lady dying after falling and heading her head, was properly old and had 10 other kinds of medical conditions.

Hey Ross,

I checked out the website, and I totally agree with you Ross. I?m on my 9 month after my valve replacement feeling great, but not fully recovered because my heart grew too large. However I returned back to work full duty (Police Officer) and on my 5 month the only thing I can?t do is sprint 1 or 2 miles like use to, I?m sure in couple more months I could. I will challenge any sceptical?s out there about cops on warfarin and not being able to do the job. I?ve challenge them because I?ve been punch in the head, cut the tip of my finger off, got drunk of wine and I?m still alive. To be honest I don?t think being on warfarin really affected my bleeding that much. The only time I had a problem I cut a pimple off, accidently while shaving and it took 15 mins to stop bleeding, and ya, I still use razors to shave. Matter of fact I?m returning to play ice hockey next year, my position is a goalie, so there all you sceptical?s. I can?t believe all the myths about warfarin. After reading some of the threads people not using razors, because they might cut themselves and die of bleeding and so on.. and ya my inr is stable between 2.5-3.0 and o ya, I eat salads anytime I want.. sorry Ross just had to vent a little after reading that stupid thread from the Police forum. All it is some people read about the possibilities what warfarin or other blood thinners are about and make judgement calls about it.. The lady dying after falling and heading her head, was properly old and had 10 other kinds of medical conditions.

It just troubles me that there are some very fine LEO's out there that are brandished by departmental bs because of Coumadin. There is no reason for it. I have to think that the guy who deleted my post is one of those department decision makers and simply doesn't want the truth to be known because it would give him headaches to deal with.

Latest posts

Back