We've finally gotten settled~~

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
about that window, down south they just put some cardboard in it to cover it to keep out the rain.

I was at the bank Tuesday and it was more crowded than I have ever seen it - the teller line was nearly out the door. I was waiting for something else and took a seat on their comfy couch to wait. There were two others waiting where I was. We began a conversation; then added a guy who was in line for the teller. He said he had lived in Savannah and nobody talked to others there, but found our area people talking to everyone. coming in and going out, people said 'hey, how are you'. Someone I knew even came over and hugged me and we 'caught up' with each other and her family. Soon another person joined in our waiting bunch and picked right up in the conversation. We had to wait so long because the VP is chatty, knows everybody by first name. When I finally get in there with her, we catch up on all the news.

Bonnie is right about waving at everybody when you drive. O/W once you get to know people, they will say "I passed you on the road and you didn't even wave; didn't you see me waving at you?"

You are doing very well with your 'y'all' - you do know that when you refer to a bunch you say 'all y'all'? And when someone comes to visit, when they leave you say 'y'all come back, hear? And if you cain't come, call". Always have a pitcher of sweet tea in the fridge and you'll be all set for company.

Don't be surprised when people say 'you're not from around here, are you'. Happens all the time.

Welcome to the south. You couldn't have picked a better spot in the U.S.A. Virginia is so full of history and beauty.

Kentucky horse park..Ev..plan on spending several hours there. I just loved it..I remember that they had a horse from every country..Several old retired Derby winners (each with a litle goat) for company.:) A statue of Man O War..with his lenght of gait?Stride?...Measured out..Anyways, it was a long lenght.. Lots to see. Plus they have an RV. Park, too..Bonnie

EVELYN said:
Hi All

Well, Bon, looks like "Bubba" and I will be going to do vehicle registrations etc, today. You're absolutely right about people chatting. The post office is about a half hour visit. We like it, though, and I'm trying to slow down.....not easy for a New Yorker....

It is really lovely down here, though, and my girlfriend up north was already complaining about having to close her pool because of the leaves coming down.....THAT I DON'T MISS!!!

WISE I'll pm you later and get your info. Would love to meet up with ya'll down there. We're there for a week, so we should have plenty of free time. I am meeting one of my old hs students whose husband coaches at whatever school it was that won a bowl game last year....KU? who knows, and I sure don't remember, but he's a defensive coach and his name is Steven Brown. We're meeting up with them one night, too.

ev

Evelyn, sounds good.

BTW, Steve Brown is with the UK (University of Kentucky) football team....assistant coach/defensive coordinator. Sounds like I know football huh? Not at all actually. I looked him up. Around here KU stands for Kentucky Utilities...electric and water company for some nearby counties.

Wiseman

Hi Wise

KU, UK it's all the same to me.....anyway, that's who he is and where he is. Will email you over the weekend......probably sunday as we're expecting this tropical depression to cause some rain here.

Ev

Back