We've finally gotten settled~~

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVELYN

Hi all.....

You have absolutely no idea how good it feels to be back in the world of the living!!!! Being a technotard and without a computer for the last three weeks has been unbelievable!!! However, we now have an air card and I sure hope you all get this message.

I do have a quick question, Rossman, can I use my new email addy here? It's a hotmail address? Let me know, ok?

Move and closing were great....rental house was filthy and we spent more than a week scrubbing to clean it.....as i said to Tyce, NEVER AGAIN!!! Hopefully next week we'll meet with the builder to start permits. Met the vet today. Drivers' licenses yesterday, car regis. on Friday.....UGH. Virginia does make it very easy, though.

Stretch, We'll contact that dr. you gave us some time next week....thanks fo rthe info.

Ross removed the address for security reasons.

See ya'll.

Evelyn

Welcome back, Ev...Sounds like you have been busy....I hope all goes well with building your new home this Fall...How did the dogs fare with the new move? bonnie

Evelyn,
I was wondering last night if it wasn't time for you to be settled and back with us.
I guess it was!
Glad you're back!
Mary

missed this website soooo much. now have a new new email it's Removed for security sake.....hopefully it will work. this new fangled air card is toooo modern for one so technically challenged.

it has been a long three weeks, but will catch up with ya'll either tomorrow or friday. had the moho get hit by a rock while the guy who mows the property we've moved into was mowing and shattered the rear bedroom window, so tomorrow we're going down to Newport News to have it measured for a new window from Monaco....ugh.... i think i could write a book about this move!!!

missed you all. ev

Good to hear from you, Evelyn. Rest up when you can- the fun will really start when you start to build!

EVELYN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very sweet to see you back online and with us! Was wondering how things were going and hoping all has been well for you :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Things have changed since you've been gone" ... Pam Tillis ... 'Land Of The Living'

Hi all

We're getting more settled in by the day. Today we took a trip to Newport News to have our moho looked at by a dealer who is trying to get the rear bedroom window that was shattered by a rock replaced. well, they're saying 4 weeks before they can get the window....ugh. We're planning to go to Lexington KY to the Springer Spaniel National the end of this month, and I sure don't want to do it with half a window!!

Anyway, we're really enjoying it down here. So much less expensive than NY. So far we've switched our insurances and saved almost $1ooo from NY. UNREAL!! The best part is that everyone is so friendly down here. It's quiet, very little trafficand just NICE. I thought I'd have trouble with the move, being born and bred in NY, but it was definitely the right move for us. Tyce never looked back....he was full speed ahead all the way, I was not, but as usual, he was absolutely right!!!

As far as Drs etc, we're probably going to go up north for a bit till we get set up with doctors, dentists, etc. We both had full physicals, cardio appts etc before we came down here, so we have time.....at least we hope so.

I definitely have missed ya'll.....Bon and hens, do i qualify as a southerner yet?????

Love, Ev

As far as Drs etc, we're probably going to go up north for a bit till we get set up with doctors, dentists, etc. We both had full physicals, cardio appts etc before we came down here, so we have time.....at least we hope so.

My son who has been married and living in Annapolis for 10 years still comes home for his hygienist and dentist appts.- The dentist said it must be because he uses it as an excuse to come home to Mama!:D

Ev

Ev

Can Tyce drive the motorhome with the shattered window...Don't count on that 4 weeks..try 8 weeks.:D Been there, done that..owning one for 15 years.......Now, about being a true Southern girl.....Go with the flow..Get used to the locals asking..Where yall from?:D ...Locals tend to be nosey.:p ..Always wave when you pass a neighbor........Southern people are very laid back..and tend to start conversation with Good Morning..may I help you...You will find everyone from the check-out people at the grocery stores, ect....very friendly and wanting to chat..so get used to that..:) A trip to the Grocery store, hardware store, ect. takes a couple of hours.:D Everyone wants to talk..:p ...people drive very slowly..looking at what the other neighbors have new..:D ..Enjoy this laid back life..:) Bonnie

And Evelyn,
You're going to have to change the home location you're using, you hear?:p :D :D

I was watching the Oprah show today..she had Paula Dean..the southern Cook on....and her brother was in the audience..she called him Bubba..then told Oprah..everyone in the South has a Bubba in their family.:D so, if you really want to warm up quickly ..Call Tyce ..Bubba when yall are out/about..:p Bon

Evelyn, glad to see you posting again. It's good that you made through your move and retained your sanity. Hope you thoroughly enjoy your new home.

When are you coming to Lexington, Kentucky? We live 20 minutes from Lexington. Is the Spring Spaniel National at the Kentucky Horse Park? I know they have some dog shows there.

Just in case, let us know if we'd be able to meet you somehow. No pressure; you will be busy for sure at the Springer Spaniel National, I'm sure. We are going to Georgia on Sept 22 and coming back the 26th.

Wise

Hi All

Well, Bon, looks like "Bubba" and I will be going to do vehicle registrations etc, today. You're absolutely right about people chatting. The post office is about a half hour visit. We like it, though, and I'm trying to slow down.....not easy for a New Yorker....

It is really lovely down here, though, and my girlfriend up north was already complaining about having to close her pool because of the leaves coming down.....THAT I DON'T MISS!!!

WISE I'll pm you later and get your info. Would love to meet up with ya'll down there. We're there for a week, so we should have plenty of free time. I am meeting one of my old hs students whose husband coaches at whatever school it was that won a bowl game last year....KU? who knows, and I sure don't remember, but he's a defensive coach and his name is Steven Brown. We're meeting up with them one night, too.

ev

Latest posts

Back