Well It's Official......

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross, there names in that article, look them up in the phone book, give 'em a call. One of them's bound to be able to give you information on how to make a connection to the clinic.........

I have uppers and wouldn't change my decision for anything. Best decision I ever made. I had caps on nearly all my teeth for years and finally decided with my dentist that the uppers would go and I'd get fakes. Works beautifully. No more painful toothaches, infections, costly visits, etc.

If you have a dog, don't leave your teeth lying around. My dear Joe put his in his pocket one night, dropped his pants on the floor when he went to bed; our chihuahua always followed every move he made and saw what he had done. I woke to cracking sound. She was in the middle of the bed chomping away on his teeth. I yelled out JOE!. He sat straight up; Teresa, in her room, thought something kinky was going on in our room. Well, guess there was but it wasn't us! He had to get new ones next day. teeth, that is.

marie said:
Any luck with getting some help with dentures?
Not yet. Got through to Mercy's Meds Dental Clinic and they are sending an application out in todays mail, so we'll see.

well, seems you need this like you need a hole in the head (old Scottish saying!).

I'm sending hugs and blowing kisses your way - btw, the suggestion of getting them pulled in hospital is a good one, won't you need to come off warfarin and go on heparin for a day or two before, to minimize bleeding risk? I'm a relative newbie at this, so I could be way off here .....

Oh Ross, how insensitive of me - I am also Canadian, and was thinking it wouldn't cost if you got them out at hospital I am SOOO sorry if you got to read this before I managed to get it back and edit . Can you ever forgive me ????

Ross
I am so sorry..and do feel a touch of your pain.
I had ONE tooth extracted 2 weeks ago..that bugger is still botheing me. Seems that the Dentist hit a nerve on injection #6..and my face is still numb and tingly:(
Glad to hear that you are going the oral surgeon route..but I echo whoever said that maybe a hospital admit may be the way to go! To make sure that you get the INR rates back right .. I am pretty sure you will need to cut back on blood thinners prior.. Sounds like medical intervention is a good plan.

I agree with you in looking at this as Getting the infection OUT..!! Get it out and move on to the next phase.. Some nice pearly Whites!!:D

More disappointment. Just got word from the insurance company that they will not cover it. They'll pay for inpatient hospital and bridge therapy, but not the oral surgeon, extractions or dentures. Back to the drawing board and 2 weeks wasted.

Ross said:
More disappointment. Just got word from the insurance company that they will not cover it. They'll pay for inpatient hospital and bridge therapy, but not the oral surgeon, extractions or dentures. Back to the drawing board and 2 weeks wasted.
Not necessarily; can you immediately file an appeal?

Shucks, Ross,

Jest git likkered up an' haid down t'th' local bar. Start talkin' about somebodys Momma an' yo'll git them teeth fixed real quick. :eek: :rolleyes: :p Shet mah mouth!

Fum whut we've been told yo'll scare th' heck outta ev'rybody wif all thet blood gushin' outta yer mouth. :rolleyes: :p :D

On a serious note (yeah, me serious) sho'nuff so'ry yer havin' t'go thru this hyar now. :mad:

Bubba :)

Susan BAV said:
Not necessarily; can you immediately file an appeal?
No because they have to follow medicare guidelines and medicare will only pay for jaw fractures or impacted wisdom tooth extraction. Here goes my whole life history and financial documentation to the poor folks clinic. I hate giving up that information without knowing what their guidelines are. I've tried to get them, but they aren't answering. I suppose I understand why, but it doenst make me feel any better.

Ross, I'm sorry you're having this? I had to have a tooth pulled a couple of years ago and it took me a year to pay it off. I live in fear of tooth problems. When did dental work get so expensive? Insurance never covers enough.

You're in my thoughts. Merry Christmas:( anyway.
Barbara

To quote one of my favorite philosophers, Roseanne Roseannadanna:
"It's always sumthin' "

Sorry to read you have to deal with more red tape.

It's wearing on my soul. I was named after my grandma's brother Ross and he did die of a tooth infection. I have no need for Deja Vu here.

I understand what you are going through. I think it is terrible that dental insurance is so different from health insurance. Especially for people like us who have to be careful with our teeth. I have half my bottom teeth missing, and since my dental clinic closed, I don't have a dentist to finish up my work.

Aye, Ross ... very sorry :(.

Thoughts/prayers coming your way.....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You can say there's no such thing as Santa" ... Elmo'N'Patsy ... 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer'

Appeal, anyway. Appeal to Medicare for an exception. Won't they listen to your doctor. There has to be help somewhere. Try some service clubs like Kiwanis or the one who buys glasses for children (the ones who wear fezes?).

Latest posts

Back