Well. . . It happened again. . .

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
I met with my cardio last week for my semi-annual echo and exam. His synopsis is that the echo is substantively the same as last time, so no new plans here! In fact, since my AS is stable for the past year or so, he thinks that as long as I don't notice any major changes (exercise tolerance, symptoms beginning, etc.), we won't do another echo for a year. (I was on a 6-month watch for a while.)

So, I guess I'll tidy up around The Waiting Room so I can enjoy it a while longer. Cardio's estimate is still "a year or several" from now.

Life is good!

(Now if only work and this economy would turn around. . . )

Sounds like good news to me. Best of luck to you, and keep that room clean I'll be right in.

Yayyyyy Steve! That is wonderful news & yes, life is good! :)

P.S. I pray that that is what the drs in Houston will tell me. Keep your fingers crossed!!! :)

Hey that's great Steve. Enjoy the waiting room, especially the surgery is a "if". For me, it's not "if you need surgery", it's "when you need it", so for sure it's coming "someday". Which is making my waiting hard, trying to look into the crystal ball to see when that "someday" is.

Happy for you.

Steve,
I'm very happy for you that your AS is stable and you have received a reprieve. I'm also very happy that you have such a good attitude about being in the "waiting room". I'm actually a little jealous and need to change my "worry-wart" attitude and be more like you. I can't stand the uncertainty of "if surgery might be needed in my future" and dread the day that I might be told that "its on the horizon" and then have to deal with that waiting. I now see the cardio 2 times a year with a yearly echo and ironically my next appointment is August 12 - the 5 year anniversary of my first echo/cardio vist and news of my leaky mital valve. I apologize for whining and raining on your parade. I am pleased for you and do wish you well.

Yep, I'm in the Waiting Room with you. We need more magazines.

My 6 month echo this morning shows my aortic regurge is a little worse than January's echo. They both show severe, but the TEE was borderline moderate / severe. My diastolic LV diameter is actually decreased, from 3.5 to 3.3, so that's good. I'm still not tipping the teeter totter for surgery, even though I'm having symptoms of mild night cough and SOB when I run the longer agility courses.

That's fine. I know mine's a "when" not an "if" but after my MVR, I'm not looking forward to Round 2 with the AVR.

Congrats!

Congrats!

That is wonderful news, Steve and congrats to you! You are an inspiration with your positive 'attitude' of remaining in the waiting room.

I need to drink some of that 'patience' juice that you are drinking. I, too am a little envious of your attitude as I find the 'waiting' in between appts. and leading up to them at times unbearable. You must be good at living in the moment.

May I ask a question? How long have you been living in the waiting room with the diagnosis of 'severe' aortic stenosis? I was told over year ago, that with my diagnosis of severe aortic stenosis, I would likely require surgery w/in 6 months to 2 years. The countdown continues...

Steve:

That's great news.

While you're tidying up the waiting room, can you see that the soft drink machine gets stocked with some "Dublin Dr Peppers," the ones that have real sugar? (Known as Dublin Dr Peppers because the plant in Dublin, Texas, still uses the original formula.) A good root beer would be nice, too. :D

Latest posts

Back