Well. . . It happened again. . .

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is wonderful news! You are certainly defying the norm here!!! Fantastic!! Stellar!! Keep up the great work of being so darned healthy!

Best wishes for the next year!

Marguerite

Hey everybody,

Thanks for all the good wishes, and yes, it is a mixed blessing to be "stable" and remain in The Waiting Room. On the one hand, the longer I can wait, the more choices I may have as to valve and procedure, on the other hand, sometimes I just want to get it over with. (Ottawagal, I've known my AS to be moderate-to-severe for about 7 years, and severe for probably the last 5 of those.) Every day is both a gift and a challenge, but for now I am quite happy with things as they are. I still jog my 4 miles, 5 days a week, although I am slower now than before. I can do most of the things I want to do, and have the wisdom not to try some of the others (e.g. I don't climb on rooftops anymore. . . ), so as I said initially, "Life is good."

Again, thanks, and I'll keep The Waiting Room touched up for all who stop in.

Hey everybody,

Thanks for all the good wishes, and yes, it is a mixed blessing to be "stable" and remain in The Waiting Room. On the one hand, the longer I can wait, the more choices I may have as to valve and procedure, on the other hand, sometimes I just want to get it over with. (Ottawagal, I've known my AS to be moderate-to-severe for about 7 years, and severe for probably the last 5 of those.) Every day is both a gift and a challenge, but for now I am quite happy with things as they are. I still jog my 4 miles, 5 days a week, although I am slower now than before. I can do most of the things I want to do, and have the wisdom not to try some of the others (e.g. I don't climb on rooftops anymore. . . ), so as I said initially, "Life is good."

Again, thanks, and I'll keep The Waiting Room touched up for all who stop in.

Pfffffffft, your going to outlast me at this rate. :)

I just got to thinking, we got denied our opportunity to perform surgery on Duffman. Perhaps we should do Steve's? :D

I just got to thinking, we got denied our opportunity to perform surgery on Duffman. Perhaps we should do Steve's? :D

One question . . . who'd police the waiting room while he was recovering?

So, I guess I'll tidy up around The Waiting Room so I can enjoy it a while longer. Cardio's estimate is still "a year or several" from now.

Good news, Steve!

I expect The Waiting Room to be in tip top shape soon!!! :)

BTW ... missed you on April 4:
http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30464

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"These are the moments that I'm gonna remember most" ... Miley Cyrus ... 'The Climb'

Cort, I know -- I missed you all, too. Although the "big" things are all holding, I've still had my share of colds and routine junk this season. All at the wrong times, too.

Hoping I can make the next event.

(BTW, do you want to try to do lunch some time this summer? I'm still in the area.)

Cort, I know -- I missed you all, too. Although the "big" things are all holding, I've still had my share of colds and routine junk this season. All at the wrong times, too.

Ah, yes. I know how that goes ... all too well. Ironically, at the St Louis VR Reunion, Sherry was talking about a gathering she had attended in the Schaumburg IL area ... that I did NOT attend. For the life of me, I couldn't remember the event, but then, that same night, I hopped online and discovered the event she was talking about. As it turned out, I was supposed to have been back home for it ... and I was ... but I was sick. I had been in TN the week prior ... and got sick the morning I was to return home ... violently ill with a high fever. I got better in a couple days and headed home late in the evening on Friday. I stayed in bed all day Saturday ... and did not attend the event in Schaumburg!

epstns said:
Hoping I can make the next event.

Well, I'm posting a notice about the car gathering I'm hosting in July. You are welcome to join us for that, if you wish....

epstns said:
(BTW, do you want to try to do lunch some time this summer? I'm still in the area.)

ABSOLUTELY! That'd be wonderful. Call me (I presume you still have my cell ph#).

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
"Sometimes solutions aren't so simple" ... Linkin Park ... 'Shadow Of The Day'

Well, we may be 1 for 2. . .

Just checked the calendar for the July event, and that's the weekend I expect to be on a "ride-along" with my wife. She will be working in beautiful downtown Omaha (beautiful?) for 3 weeks, and I have tickets to go out to visit her over that weekend.

But as for lunch, yes I do have your cell number, and will call you so we can discuss some potential dates.

Later!

Well, we may be 1 for 2. . .

Just checked the calendar for the July event, and that's the weekend I expect to be on a "ride-along" with my wife. She will be working in beautiful downtown Omaha (beautiful?) for 3 weeks, and I have tickets to go out to visit her over that weekend.

Sounds like a great weekend, Steve. Hope you enjoy it!

epstns said:
But as for lunch, yes I do have your cell number, and will call you so we can discuss some potential dates.

Cool ... looking forward to it!

"We believe in tomorrow, but we're stuck in today" ... Hall & Oates ... 'So Close (Yet So Far Away)'

Back