Well, I'm still at the hopsital

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strickrb

I had a few extra days in the CTICU. I had a few problems with my kindneys, bet everything is ok now. They moved me to a stepdown unit yesterday, and have talked about going home tomorrow. I never thought that I was a walker, but even at this point with all the sore/stifness, It feels so good to do some of the simplest things that you forget how easy it use to be. I can't wait to get home, and get back to 100%. Does anyone get use to the "click"?;)

"Does anyone get use to the "click"?" I'm just over a year out (a year and a day, today, actually!) and yes, you do get used to the click. At first, I heard it all the time, now it is only when things are very quiet, in a room with no soft furnishings and so on.

I, too, spent a few extra days in ICU, it was pneumonia, I think, I was sedated for two days while on the dreaded ventilator, but after that I had absolutely nothing to complain about, and was working 3 weeks after surgery, including taking public trnasportation. Good to hear you should be home soon, take care, rest, eat and breathe. Best wishes for a smooth, bump-free and boring recovery.

happy to know you are headed out the door towards home. Keep on walkin and doin your breathin exercises. Blessins......

p.s. don't sneeze for awhile

I'm a thumper too!

Without much provocation my valve can get a little radical. The folks who are around me are use to it now, however, I do notice people looking around for the very loud clock if standing near me from time to time!

I have only had one person, while in conversation, ask outright "Is that ticking coming from you?" (I think he was wondering if I was packing a bomb!) With a smile I had to respond "What ticking?" keep em guessing!

The first week or so my new valve would keep me awake but now it serenades me to sleep.

Rob

Good to see your post and bet you can't wait to get home.
The click well mine took it,s own vacation for awhile
after 16 years and hoping it returns soon with a new mate
after my surgery and i can sleep again with a double click
the worst is being used to a loud click and it,s gone:mad:
we get used to things and hate change at least i do
and i miss my click right now.;)
You definately will get used to it and appreciate later you
hardly notice it as time goes by.

zipper2 (DEB)

Glad you are heading home! Keep on walking, but listen to your body and rest when you feel the need to. Don't be to hard on yourself and let others look after you ;)

Hugs ( )

Hope you are happily on your way home soon! Not noticing the "click" these days...Due for a check up soon so we'll see if it's just my finally getting used to it or what. I once had a photographer ask me what valve I had. Boy did that surprise me! I think his dad had one, and he was familiar with the ticking. I like your attitude about the things we take for granted. I sometimes got frustrated by how long recovery took, but when I look back, considering what we went through, it wasn't bad at all! All the best, Brian

Glad to hear things went well and you are moving around again. Thanks for paving the way at MUSC for me. Looks like I am up next......... :)

I will send you an IM for details of your experiance there.

Hi ~ I'm happy to hear you're doing better and i hope you made it home today. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care, Dawn-Marie

Latest posts

Back