Weird dreams...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

So I've been having weird dreams. Last night's I actually remember.

First one:
I was being followed by an old lady in Wal-Mart who kept counting down from 30 for some reason, and mumbling about how she last saw her adult son on one of the aisles and now she's mad because he didn't wait for her there.

Second one:
Involved me, a bunch of random people (all being chased, for some reason), a weird airport/multi-tier parking garage thing, and pro wrestler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Anybody else having weird dreams after your surgery?

Are you on a beta blocker ? Most people are put on a beta blocker for a few weeks after surgery. Beta blockers have a known side effect of very lucid, vivid dreams/nightmares.

Good grief after reading this post which l happen to be having alot of crazy dreaming going on l read the link on metoprolol. Side effects dosage and so on. Why on God's earth are we taking this ... lol if it can infact cause angina cardi arrest sudden cardiac arrest vision problem ect.
I am having alot of vision problems since surgery and seems to be getting worse and lasting for longer periods of time and complete exhausted. I take 2 a day ..
Hope your dreams have lessoned Guest poster

If you get side effects from metoprolol or any of the other beta blockers speak to your cardiologist or GP. I had symptoms of dizziness (and others on here have had that - one guy fell and got knocked out which could be have been dangerous) so GP cut my dose by half. Cardiologist took me off beta blockers at six weeks or so post op.

Paleogirl;n864834 said:
If you get side effects from metoprolol or any of the other beta blockers speak to your cardiologist or GP. I had symptoms of dizziness (and others on here have had that - one guy fell and got knocked out which could be have been dangerous) so GP cut my dose by half. Cardiologist took me off beta blockers at six weeks or so post op.

Does "weird dreams" count as a side effect? I think they have me on a relatively low dosage. My wife puts together my pills to take (she volunteered...), so I'll have to check on the bottle.

I am on 2 metoprolol a day 1 x 50mg morning 1x50mg night l was also on enalapril 5mg They took me off the enalapril about 3 weeks ago now because of all of the sign symptoms l was experiencing expecially because l am complaining about low blood pressure so much they said l need to take metoprolol.

Because I've not been sleeping too well I've had the radio on and listening through headphones. The side effect is that I keep having dreams in which I have a role to play in news events (the other day I had to go to the hardware store to buy materials to help fix the cabling problems at CERN and later on I was involved in a conversation about the Tour of Yorkshire cycle race but no one was listening to my contributions!).

Latest posts

Back