# weeks post-op - Abdominal/Liver? problem

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esvaja

Hello,
I've not been feeling real well the last couple days. Stomach bloated, tender primarily on the right side. I was starting to get less out of breath, now I'm back to just getting out of breath for a short period of activity. I did feel a bit queasy this PM.
I'm thinking it's the darn motrin I've been taking 3-20mg tabs in the morning for about 2 weeks now to try & get me weaned off the percoset.
Has anyone had this kind of issue & what did you do for it. I'm not yellow, stools are loose because of colace - yuck.
thank you all in advance.
Daiva 3 & 1/2 weeks out of VRS & etc.

Could the colace be giving you some side effects? I know some of the laxatives state that they may cause cramping or bloating, but I am not familiar with colace. My docs recommended Miralax. You mix it with water or juice and it has no taste and no color. It worked gently enough for me -- I used it for two weeks after my hospital stay where they gave me Magnesium Citrate. Wow, that was a harsh laxative, but it did get things moving again.

Maybe the Miralax will help. When I was taking it, I used the full recommended dosage for 4 or 5 days, then started using less of it daily for another week to wean myself from it. Of course, this was after I had stopped using any narcotic pain meds for a couple of weeks, but was still having constipation.

If the stools are very loose with the Colace, maybe taking it every second day will correct that issue.
Good plan to wean off the nasty pain killers too, I only took Tylenol occasionally.

Well apparently, I may have anemia & maybe some impacted stuff in my intestine. My Dr also thinks I need to go back on the prilosec. My stomach & duodenum might be getting a burned from the meds (which I have cut way down on) & the lack of food because I'm SO queasy.
Daiva

I ended up switching from Prilosec back to Zantac. It seemed that immediately after surgery, with all the other drugs, the Prilosec wasn't doing the job very well. Good old Zantac seems to do fine (75 mg, 3X per day).

Thanks Mr Epstein for the recommendation.
I'm sure that's still part of the problem, but with a few other tests from yesterday my card wants me to go in for an echo today - might have some fluid buildup. I've been off Lasik for over 2 weeks. We'll see, everybody has their bumps in the road.
Daiva

On my 5th day home, I started with the nausea, then vomiting, and pain under the right side of my rib-cage with shortness of breath.. I spent 12 hrs in the ER, to make sure it wasn't heart related ( I never thought it was...actually thought it was my gallbladder acting up)....best thing they gave me, which has helped....is Zofran. My stomach is now able to hold down my meals and I no longer feel SOB.
Hope your feeling better and continuing with a speedy recovery. Spending positive thoughts your way.
Renee

Latest posts

Back